Mack26

Squall

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I ran into it around 5:30 while out doing some  errands about 40 minutes from

home, but when I got home, it hadn’t hit here yet. Really hoping my car isn’t covered in the morning, but I’m not getting up to look now but I can hear the wind ripping pretty hard 

I was in the car with my girlfriend when it hit us in Ma, it was very entertaining. The sky went from bright and sunny to pitch black in 10 seconds flat never seen anything like it. Total whiteout she got a great video of it. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

According to accuweather, some areas experience 'thunder snow' with this squall line - did anyone here experience that? No thunder heard at my locations

Edited by albacized

I’ve seen thunder snow and it’s crazy to experience. I was working plowing snow about 10 years ago, about 2am during a blizzard, when it started snowing what looked like bedsheets falling from the sky. There were these huge connected pieces of snow that kept falling. They would hit the windshield and it was if someone threw shovels full of snow at once on the window. I had to pull over as it became impossible to see, and i justed watched in awe. Craziest thing i’ve ever seen.

Nothing like that yesterday, but it went from a flake or two in the air, to complete whiteout in a matter of seconds. 

18 hours ago, Mack26 said:

I literally couldn’t see the house across the street at one point. Cars were creeping by as the roads just became a glaze real quick. Scary chit to drive in.

Up at Eagle rock it came to rough was wild…

20CE44B3-3296-4975-8693-3D8046DC3092.png

Wifey and I were driving in Connecticut when it hit.

Gotta say that I’m usually pretty good at staying on top of bad weather so I knew something was coming but what we actually got surprised me.

We got off the road and took refuge in a restaurant we were able to run to.

Had a beautiful  view of the squall as it unfolded outside while we enjoyed a nice, late lunch.

By the time we had finished desert, the sun was back out and we headed home.

An unplanned event which  turned into an enjoyable experience.