RMV Employees Fired for Faking More Than 2K Road Tests

Rate this topic

foxfai

20 hours ago, z-man said:

Good point. I had trouble getting an appointment to renew my license a few weeks ago. Ended up doing it at AAA and even that was difficult to find an appointment. No way they are fitting in 2000 last minute road tests. 

I took my road test in RI. As I recall, it was 15-20 minutes of right and left turns on Providence streets, a 3-point turn, and backing up in a straight line. No parallel parking, thankfully. It was the first year that you could take it in an automatic without having a restriction on your license of automatic-only.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

3 mins ago, K Foley said:

Hi Joe,

I had no idea about the convention center tax. Sounds bogus but $58.00 did sound unreasonable even if it was levied  on someone from Maine.

Yep, convention tax to promote tourism.  Go figure.

Unless the base room rate for two nights was $2,109, the $58 appears high. 

Or the hotel miscategorized the $58.

11 mins ago, Joe G said:

Yep, convention tax to promote tourism.  Go figure.

Unless the base room rate for two nights was $2,109, the $58 appears high. 

Or the hotel miscategorized the $58.

I do stand corrected.  The $58 was a separate fee to use the hotel amenities, which I won't be using but have to pay anyway.   The convention center and tourism taxes are only about $31.   The city tax is $48, the state is $42.   Still, a lot of extra money.   I get the state tax.   That's all we have in Maine.   Sorry I misspoke.  

Marty

5 mins ago, MartyK said:

The $58 was a separate fee to use the hotel amenities, which I won't be using but have to pay anyway.  ...  

Like you, I despise these so-called hotel amenities fees.  I'm sure everyone does.  I never use what they charge me for. 

Just another way for the hotel to jam it to guest and there is nothing you can do about it.  Totally unfair.

1 hour ago, Ditch Jigger said:

I took my road test in RI. As I recall, it was 15-20 minutes of right and left turns on Providence streets, a 3-point turn, and backing up in a straight line. No parallel parking, thankfully. It was the first year that you could take it in an automatic without having a restriction on your license of automatic-only.

When I went for my class 1 (now class A) it was appx. 2 hrs. between the pre trip inspection, paper work (log books) and seeing I was pulling a low bed, proper load tie downs.  Road driving part was breeze with no traffic to contend with.............

I took my road test on Lake Ave, right near where the sewerage spill occurred on Lake Quinsigamond. The RMV building was right on the lake, on Regatta Point.

Start to finish, road test was 15, minutes and concluded with the instructor asking me to parallel park, then asking me a trick question, which I answered correctly. Told me to drive back, and I was all set.

The Sultan of Sluggo

Will never forget when I got my license, I had passed my road test but when I showed up at the Malden rmv they wouldn’t give me my license because my permit had just expired.  I tried to explain to them that my birthday (which had been the previous week) fell during my hs finals but no dice.  They told me I’d need to reapply for my permit and retake the driving test.  So I showed back up the following week to retake the permit test and when the woman asked me for an Id all I had with me was my expired permit.  She gave me chit for letting it expire and so I let her know if she thought that was bad, pay no attention to my road test being signed off on as well.  She took my permit from me and a few minutes later came back with my license.  To this day, the only positive experience I’ve ever had at the rmv, despite it starting off pretty rocky.  Lesson learned.  Procrastinate later!

Lobster Troll #23

14 hours ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Just getting through providence intact is the ultimate road test. :laugh:

Pfantum Pfishah

1 min ago, capequahog said:

Charlie Baker says nothing to see here , move along, only a few "low level RMV employees " involved in this latest scandal

Yup, nothing to see here folks.  Only 2100 people ( who knows the actual count)  driving around with illicit driver's licenses.  Just another day in the Commonwealth. :laugh:

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 hour ago, capequahog said:

Charlie Baker says nothing to see here , move along, only a few "low level RMV employees " involved in this latest scandal

Report started to surface a few days ago that the 4 employees were....2 road test examiners and 2 service center employees.

Just thinking here.....working together, those two groups could easily have colluded to cover their tracks, and no one would be the wiser.  Me thinks someone inside or outside the RMV dropped a dime on this operation. 

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

Report started to surface a few days ago that the 4 employees were....2 road test examiners and 2 service center employees.

Just thinking here.....working together, those two groups could easily have colluded to cover their tracks, and no one would be the wiser.  Me thinks someone inside or outside the RMV dropped a dime on this operation. 

Probably, usually they piss someone off somehow and the dime gets dropped 

open borders :thdwn:

4 hours ago, Joe G said:

There is no honor among thieves.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?