Cheech01

New Plier Hunt

Rate this topic

216 posts in this topic

I have a Sargent needle nose with a real hook cutter and a separate braid cutter.. Cuts most of the VMCs sizes I use. I hope they still are building them.  Price under 100 bucks.  It's the hook cutter that I want.  Been hooked a few time and they saved my bacon.

5 mins ago, John P said:

I have a Sargent needle nose with a real hook cutter and a separate braid cutter.. Cuts most of the VMCs sizes I use. I hope they still are building them.  Price under 100 bucks.  It's the hook cutter that I want.  Been hooked a few time and they saved my bacon.

Ouch

25 mins ago, John P said:

I feel like there's a market out there for a standalone & cheap emergency hook cutter. I started working on a design a while back.

2 mins ago, gellfex said:

I feel like there's a market out there for a standalone & cheap emergency hook cutter. I started working on a design a while back.

In an emergency the VS pliers work. Then they are only good for hooks because they won’t cut braid. 

2 mins ago, ged said:

In an emergency the VS pliers work. Then they are only good for hooks because they won’t cut braid. 

I said cheap!!!

These are very nice. Made in England by Mund Co. Under $50 shipped ebay item     

maun b.jpg

maun c.jpg

I just picked up a set of duck bill pliers off of Amazon. They are SS and high quality for like less than 20 bucks. Made in Japan.  Perfect for regular de hooking uses. No line cutter but I use braid scissors for that anyway. They have yellow handles and great reviews. They definitely don't bend out like cheaper aluminum pliers. 

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Cannot find cudas for sale

These are the ones I have. I did not get them from the cuda website where they are a lot more than what I paid on the river site. Right now on the river site they are more than I paid in 2019 when I got them. At that point they were about $150.

Cuda 7.25" Titanium Alloy Pliers with Sheath & Lanyard

Item No. 

Just did a search on one of the best pliers ever that are

discontinued.....Browning.   Saw just one pair being sold

for one hundred bucks.....used.

At that price it's being marked up quite a few times.   

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSco0DEJ4j44QvMosFPMNxqU87MGJZB-Z_68_4Fk9rNt60ohE_lPSvmASCqGA-nO5I9cXAKKaMHGj3tK_ph5GByFDjAylHp5CDihi_gTZ9X&usqp=CAE

1 hour ago, gellfex said:

I have the knipex cutters for this that are spring loaded so that they can easily be operated with one hand. Figured that if I had a hook in a hand I would need something that works with one hand. They were not super cheap but I was happy to pay for something I could trust.