rb

daiwa BGMQ

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Take this for what it’s worth, but I recently purchased a BG MQ and the only thing I have to compare it to is a Penn in a similar price point. To me, the BG is a far superior reel. You can really feel the difference in the handle alone. My pen has a lot of slop and the BG is very tight and smooth. So far it has held up great to about half a summer of moderate fishing. I would definitely recommend this reel if that is your price point.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:55 AM, Tagman said:

I bought 2 current gen. Spheros 6000 reels around the same time last fall. Have to say, i’m very disappointed in Shimanos quality control with these reels. To keep this short, one spheros got rough after 3 fish. The second spheros, I sold right away because I had the feeling it would turn into the same POS as the first one. There is a reason why Shimano is selling these reels for $135.00. That is because they are not as good as the last generation. I got what I paid for, and i’m glad i’m rid of them. I am slowly getting more and more disenchanted with Shimano. 

The spheros has the same gear/pinion as the $300 saragosa, I would bet it's just bad materials they got and will sort itself out w supply chain. Just gonna send it in to Shimano before the warranty is up for a new set and I'm sure qc will be back up. I got a 6k a few months back and had the same problem you just described, got a 10k and 14k recently and they're booth the same smoothness as when I got them. 

After doing some research I am moving toward the penn slammer 3 4500.All though I am still looking to try a saltx 4500 on my rod .But i think the slammer will win out in the end, And they are available..