drumbum

Sufix ProMix Braid

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have not seen any info about this line here, so I thought I would give a heads up.
Received a couple 300 yds spools today, of 10lb test that I purchased to try out.

No tests yet other than to check dia.

Advertised as 4lb mono equivalent and .008 thick....
Measures .010.....same as PowerPro 20lb test...
I have some PP 10# that measures .008 and some old Stren super braid that mics @ .008

Just info, so you know what you are buying....shop accordingly

The latest version of SpiderWire stealth (flouro coated, not teflon infused) is likewise......their 15# stated .009/ mics .010....like PP 20# and the 20# stated .010/mics .0115....like PP 30#

....and on that stealth....always hard to tell what product people are referring to in threads.

Edited by drumbum

13 hours ago, drumbum said:

20lb PP is not 0.010" though, it is 0.0122" / 0.31mm on average.

That's a significant difference

1 hour ago, ZAFisher said:

20lb PP is not 0.010" though, it is 0.0122" / 0.31mm on average.

That's a significant difference

I'm not reading labels for the PP,.......I am measuring a new spool that I have.

9 hours ago, drumbum said:

I'm not reading labels for the PP,.......I am measuring a new spool that I have.

I didnt read the lable Drum, I said PP 20 is 0.0122 (0.31mm) not the 0.010" (0.25mm) they say it is

PP lable indicates 0.010" which is was what you indicated (twice) that PP 20 is:

On 2022/02/03 at 5:46 AM, drumbum said:

On 2022/02/03 at 5:46 AM, drumbum said:

mics .010....like PP 20#

Any way, the 10lb (marked) you have measured at 0.010" then it's a PE2 line and probably breaks at around 25lb.

8 mins ago, ZAFisher said:

I didnt read the lable Drum, I said PP 20 is 0.0122 (0.31mm) not the 0.010" (0.25mm) they say it is

PP lable indicates 0.010" which is was what you indicated (twice) that PP 20 is:

Any way, the 10lb (marked) you have measured at 0.010" then it's a PE2 line and probably breaks at around 25lb.

What part of this is confusing you?  I have indicated that the Sufix and Stealth don't match their labels.

I have NOT stated what this PowerPro spool label says because it only states 6lb test dia.......I don't have the box anymore.

I am stating what I measure, with a micrometer, the Power Pro to be, which is .010

I don't know what YOUR PP measures or what your packing claims.

Posted (edited)

Not confused at all.

Ok so you mic'd PP 20 at 0.010?

If it was it would be awesome, a 35lb ABS braid with a dia of a 25lb ABS braid

Go do some reading:

PP 10 and 20lb.png

Edited by ZAFisher

7 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

Not confused at all.

Ok so you mic'd PP 20 at 0.010?

If it was it would be awesome, a 35lb ABS braid with a dia of a 25lb ABS braid

Go do some reading:

PP 10 and 20lb.png

WTF?

How about you go do some reading,.....like the first post of this thread.

What does Lee's measurement from 2016 have to do with what I have in my hand? Are you trying to call me a liar or are you saying I'm daft?

Did you know I was the one that suggested the scale Lee used to make that thread?

Update:
Got a couple spools of 30 lb test Sufix ProMix in the mail a few minutes ago.
Package states .011".......mics at .013"

For comparison,.....Daiwa J-braid x4 30 lb I have measures at .012"

The PowerPro orig. 30 lb I have measures .011"

.....and I have some PP 50lb that measures .014"- .016",......two spools, one older with bent rod with fish logo and a newer label with "no matter what".  Way thicker than the "12 lb dia." stated. Prior to the introduction of the PP 40 lb....maybe the 50 was close to "12 pound dia"....as I could fit (overfilled) a full 320yd spool of 50# PP on a ultracast ('90's- '00's) 6500 abu. A full spool (295yds) of J-braid 40 easily fits an older CT 6500 with room to spare.

Don't have any 40 lb PowerPro in hand to measure,...but I have 40 lb Daiwa J-braid x4 that measures .014".

All measurements done with a micrometer and line pulled TIGHT, at a few points along a length.

Just some data,.........I hope this helps.

YMMV

Posted (edited)

Update to this........
Took the time to test some 20# stealth braid that measures .0115" for knotted break.   Broke at 29 something and 30 something through an FG to 40# BG,.....when I managed a good knot.

Received some 30# stealth braid,.....package states .012 avg.......miced at .012.

Also got some 15# spiderwire EZ braid.  Package states .008.....measured .0078 and breaks at 21# avg. through an FG when you get lucky and tie a good one,.......best broke at 23 something.  Not the greatest in durability....but for the price I paid,....usable.

These measurements are from the lots I received.........YMMV

Edited by drumbum

....and BTW, ...what happened to the stickies at the top?

And, does anyone know what year SpiderWire stealth transitioned from teflon impregnated to flouro coated?

Yeah, I asked the same question about the stickies (even posted in a couple of those threads asking), but had no response. At first I thought all the stickies were lost from a code update or something, but realized that stickies in some of the other forums are still there.