Walkaround i/o's

Rate this topic

If I were looking for a great CC, I'd probably call and say sold at $20K (pending inspection). A legendary hull, the 233. In fact I'd pay considerably more. How you gonna beat that value in a new boat?  Well maintained, 842 hrs, which isn't high hours on a 2-stroke, oughta be able to go 1200-1500. The guy knows boats. Look at the 3 makes he's considering as a replacement.

And one's The Legendary SinkCraft, my favorite hull design ever. Nothing like it unless it's another variable-deadrise hull. Deep-Vs cut through a head sea...which is not where SC shines. With a SC, you can ride on top more comfortably at higher speed in a chop than a V. Plus SC''s make a great hull sound. If you haven't been in a VDH, try to get a ride on one.

1971 Custom 233 Formula Center Console- 2003 Yamaha HPDI - $20,000 (EAST SANDWICH)

00W0W_k2VDREVZvUhz_0fu0bC_1200x900.jpg.dfb9729c8b06535da48de8aaefa19728.jpg

This is a one of a kind custom built CC, original rebuild from a Formula Thunderbird windshield boat was done in 1995. The signature 24° deadrise creates the smoothest ride in rough condition, with the 30” bracket she runs like a 26’+ boat. It is a great fishing platform with a flat deck from bow to stern. Perfect family boat with enclosed transom, high gunnels and bracket for easy beach access & swimming. 2018 Vantage 5900 lb. aluminum dual axle bunk trailer with brakes. 2003 Yamaha 200hp 2 stroke HPDI 842 hours, runs great, 22-24 kt cruise, very fuel efficient.
Bennett trim tabs. Edson wheel.
Raymarine E80 radar w/24”dome
2021 Garmin Echomap 74sv
VHF and Stereo

We have owned this boat for 8 trouble free seasons
Reason for selling: moving to a walkaround
Seacraft, regulator, mako

Edited by PatchyFog

Here's something ya might have thought an unimportant detail in the ad on that 233, but it's very important to me in terms of fishing, and that's the single-level deck. When you're at the harbor, check to see the cockpit layouts favored by big game fishermen. The majority are 1 level decks, and I much prefer those too.

Now I'm gotta say it....that boat is a steal.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:10 PM, PatchyFog said:

Shamrock used to make some inboards with a pocket drive, which draw less than the keeled ones.

Only rub on the shammy is that they are SLOW.  Been on one a few times, friend of a freind's deal.  I can dust them on my kiteboard, cruise on them is prob sub 20 knots

On 3/22/2022 at 7:26 PM, Kml said:

If it is soft in the deck it is soft in the stringers, run away.

I wouldn't say that by a long shot Kev.  Most often, soft spots are the result of stupidity...ie a man with a screwdriver and screw and no knowledge of how to bed.  Leaning posts, cooler tie downs, and transom mount transducers probably account for 98% of wet cores

13 hours ago, PatchyFog said:

If I were looking for a great CC, I'd probably call and say sold at $20K (pending inspection). A legendary hull, the 233. In fact I'd pay considerably more. How you gonna beat that value in a new boat?  Well maintained, 842 hrs, which isn't high hours on a 2-stroke, oughta be able to go 1200-1500. The guy knows boats. Look at the 3 makes he's considering as a replacement.

And one's The Legendary SinkCraft, my favorite hull design ever. Nothing like it unless it's another variable-deadrise hull. Deep-Vs cut through a head sea...which is not where SC shines. With a SC, you can ride on top more comfortably at higher speed in a chop than a V. Plus SC''s make a great hull sound. If you haven't been in a VDH, try to get a ride on one.

1971 Custom 233 Formula Center Console- 2003 Yamaha HPDI - $20,000 (EAST SANDWICH)

00W0W_k2VDREVZvUhz_0fu0bC_1200x900.jpg.dfb9729c8b06535da48de8aaefa19728.jpg

This is a one of a kind custom built CC, original rebuild from a Formula Thunderbird windshield boat was done in 1995. The signature 24° deadrise creates the smoothest ride in rough condition, with the 30” bracket she runs like a 26’+ boat. It is a great fishing platform with a flat deck from bow to stern. Perfect family boat with enclosed transom, high gunnels and bracket for easy beach access & swimming. 2018 Vantage 5900 lb. aluminum dual axle bunk trailer with brakes. 2003 Yamaha 200hp 2 stroke HPDI 842 hours, runs great, 22-24 kt cruise, very fuel efficient.
Bennett trim tabs. Edson wheel.
Raymarine E80 radar w/24”dome
2021 Garmin Echomap 74sv
VHF and Stereo

We have owned this boat for 8 trouble free seasons
Reason for selling: moving to a walkaround
Seacraft, regulator, mako

Is that still for sale?  That is a STEAL, I'd do that all day long and twice on Sunday.  A little underpowered, but that 200HPDI is probably one of the best mills Yam ever turned out.

You have a link you can PM me?  Call me crazy, but I think I could flip that easily

21 mins ago, makorider said:

Only rub on the shammy is that they are SLOW.  Been on one a few times, friend of a freind's deal.  I can dust them on my kiteboard, cruise on them is prob sub 20 knots

I wouldn't say that by a long shot Kev.  Most often, soft spots are the result of stupidity...ie a man with a screwdriver and screw and no knowledge of how to bed.  Leaning posts, cooler tie downs, and transom mount transducers probably account for 98% of wet cores

I agree but I would not buy without knowing for sure. 

1 hour ago, makorider said:

Is that still for sale?  That is a STEAL, I'd do that all day long and twice on Sunday.  A little underpowered, but that 200HPDI is probably one of the best mills Yam ever turned out.

You have a link you can PM me?  Call me crazy, but I think I could flip that easily

I sent sent him an email. If it's not sold, it's mine pending inspection. But I don't even need to see it, there was enough info for me to make a decisions. When/if he calls me, I'll say I'll give u a #$300. non-refundable deposit, and we'll complete the deal in 2 wks when I get back from NY.

I'll have things to add later. My intention in this thread was to help out newer boat owners. The topic is about the process of buying a boat, and I'm trying to it in real time.

No call yet, which is leading me to believe I'm not at the top of the list. Steals like this, ya gotta have some luck and be the first to look.

15 mins ago, PatchyFog said:

He responded, I left a voicenail to call back, and as far as I was concerned, I've bought it 

I'm very close now...:th:

Or do you think I should've offered him $18K?  :laugh:

Good luck...right place, right time on something like that

Hopefully she's clean...sight unseen, pics can be deceiving...but at that price you've got room to throw some money at it if need be, if it matters to you anyways

Yeah, low ball him.  Thats like giving to him without the reach-around lol

Edited by makorider

2 hours ago, makorider said:

Good luck...right place, right time on something like that

Hopefully she's clean...sight unseen, pics can be deceiving...but at that price you've got room to throw some money at it if need be, if it matters to you anyways

Yeah, low ball him.  Thats like giving to him without the reach-around lol

All 4 boats I've bought now , it would've been an insult to offer less than asking. All bargains. Very lucky...but I worked at it to set up lucky.

Know what you want...research the hulls in terms of construction, ride etc over at The Hull Truth or Continuous Wave etc...be ready with funds to jump in. I had no idea I'd get into this, but now it actually fits into a longer-term plan to have 2 boats not 3. With 2 I'd have all fishing conditions covered. I'm imagining a decent shape 18' SeaCraft in my future...

21 hours ago, PatchyFog said:

Here's something ya might have thought an unimportant detail in the ad on that 233, but it's very important to me in terms of fishing, and that's the single-level deck. When you're at the harbor, check to see the cockpit layouts favored by big game fishermen. The majority are 1 level decks, and I much prefer those too.

Now I'm gotta say it....that boat is a steal.

Good luck, hope it works out.  I have a McKee 196.  Full level deck made it stand out in 20 ftrs.  

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black