rathrbefishn

Baked Oatmeal?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anyone have a good baked oatmeal recipe that is sorta healthy?  I have a delicious recipe with fruit and cream cheese, but it's got a lot of oil and sugar. I've cut back on both a bit but see some recipes that cut out the oil and sugar and replace with applesauce.  I can experiment but figure I'd start here.  Trying to eat a bit healthier as I start the year. 

Microwave Quaker instant oats.  Add cinnamon and/or fresh fruit like blueberries.  Leave out the sugar - you'll get used to it.

quaker.JPG

3 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Microwave Quaker instant oats.  Add cinnamon and/or fresh fruit like blueberries.  Leave out the sugar - you'll get used to it.

quaker.JPG

I certainly do that some of the time.  The baked has a different texture so it's a nice change of pace

23 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

Why bake it?

How else are you going to make oatmeal raisin cookies ?:beatin:

On 2/11/2022 at 0:20 PM, jkrock said:

I like to fry leftover oatmeal

That sounds interesting...

Butch

46 mins ago, Midnightpass said:

That sounds interesting...

Butch

read about it in an old hunting book.  I just put leftover oatmeal in a container and let it solidify in the fridge. Cut it into patties, dust in flour and fry in bacon grease or butter or oil.  It's pretty good, but not  really healthy way to eat oatmeal.  Especially if you put syrup on it like a pancake.

7 mins ago, jkrock said:

read about it in an old hunting book.  I just put leftover oatmeal in a container and let it solidify in the fridge. Cut it into patties, dust in flour and fry in bacon grease or butter or oil.  It's pretty good, but not  really healthy way to eat oatmeal.  Especially if you put syrup on it like a pancake.

If you just cook oatmeal however you normally do then let it cool a little stir in a raw egg you can make oat meal pancakes on a lightly sprayed nonstick pan. Then hit it with sugar free syrup and a some berries it actually works out quite well on how filling and tasty it is for how low in calories it is. I do it once in awhile when trying to watch my weight.