Leadfest in Connecticut

Rate this topic

Hardcore

On 1/31/2022 at 1:31 PM, Hardcore said:

I'm thinking of putting together another leadfest in CT. Some of the OGs may remember the one that @goldenmember and I put together a few years ago. @BranfordJeff was also a big part of it. I'd like to gage interest before moving forward. It would be in Beacon Falls sometime in early April. We have a space with sufficient juice to power all the pots and an outside area to melt the big stuff. 

All we ask that everyone contributes something. it can lead, mold, hooks or food and drinks

Please respond here if you are interested. 

Will there be Pernil? I may have something to bring if there will be pernil. :)

On 2/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, Hardcore said:

No, we have a big warehouse that we will be using for the event.

Let me know what I need to bring. I've got enough stuff to do commercial scale production, but I sure as hell don't want to bring everything.  I was wiped out after the first one and I'm a lot older and fatter than I was then. 

Hopefully people will list what they plan to bring, I'll try to fill in the gaps.

I have a good setup for making ingots from dirty lead, can process about 200 lbs an hour or better, so that's covered. I've got about 80 do it molds, I'll bring a crate of the most popular sizes (if anyone needs specific stuff, speak up) but I'll leave everything else like propane, pour pots, powder paint up to the others if I can. 

1 hour ago, BranfordJeff said:

Let me know what I need to bring. I've got enough stuff to do commercial scale production, but I sure as hell don't want to bring everything.  I was wiped out after the first one and I'm a lot older and fatter than I was then. 

Hopefully people will list what they plan to bring, I'll try to fill in the gaps.

I have a good setup for making ingots from dirty lead, can process about 200 lbs an hour or better, so that's covered. I've got about 80 do it molds, I'll bring a crate of the most popular sizes (if anyone needs specific stuff, speak up) but I'll leave everything else like propane, pour pots, powder paint up to the others if I can. 

Hey buddy! I’ll get an official thread started with the date and time. I was gaging interest

before things got serious. 

I'm 1 post away from being an Internet sharpie

3 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

I'd like to come but won't be able to commit until the last minute. April is a busy month.  I have lots of molds both fresh and salt. Wouldn't mind meeting some of y'all.

Alcohol, food, toxic chemicals! What could possibly go wrong? LOL!

Plus molten lead!

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:10 PM, BranfordJeff said:

You're alive? Pm me please we need to talk. Welcome back Jack. You want pernil I'll bring one just for you for all you have done for me bud.