Leadfest in Connecticut

Rate this topic

Hardcore

I'm thinking of putting together another leadfest in CT. Some of the OGs may remember the one that @goldenmember and I put together a few years ago. @BranfordJeff was also a big part of it. I'd like to gage interest before moving forward. It would be in Beacon Falls sometime in early April. We have a space with sufficient juice to power all the pots and an outside area to melt the big stuff. 

All we ask that everyone contributes something. it can lead, mold, hooks or food and drinks

Please respond here if you are interested. 

I'm 1 post away from being an Internet sharpie

51 mins ago, MakoMike said:

I’m interested, but April is work on the boat month.

I’ve got a new boat too. Need some bigger weight stuff for the boat. We can work on the date if we get enough interest 

Basically it’s a bunch of guys, some alcohol, food and molten lead. Good times!

Seriously, it’s a bunch of guys with varying amounts of equipment and skill levels. Everyone brings what they can (pots, burners, molds, lead, etc) and you make stuff. If you don’t have that stuff you can bring jig hooks, lead, food. It’s a great way to get sinkers or jigs made. It’s an even better way to learn how to do it as well.  If enough guys go they’ll have pretty much everything one way or another. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

29 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Seriously, it’s a bunch of guys with varying amounts of equipment and skill levels. Everyone brings what they can (pots, burners, molds, lead, etc) and you make stuff. If you don’t have that stuff you can bring jig hooks, lead, food. It’s a great way to get sinkers or jigs made. It’s an even better way to learn how to do it as well.  If enough guys go they’ll have pretty much everything one way or another. 

Sounds fun!

56 mins ago, Drew C. said:

What he said. Last time we had people bring ovens, fluid beds and hundreds of pounds of lead 

2 mins ago, Hardcore said:

What he said. Last time we had people bring ovens, fluid beds and hundreds of pounds of lead 

I still have a lot of stuff left over from that one. That was a good time. 

This is really a good way to learn how to do this without needing the all the  ‘stuff’. This way you can see how to do it and exactly what is needed to do it. More importantly, do it safely. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

52 mins ago, Hardcore said:

I’ve got a new boat too. Need some bigger weight stuff for the boat. We can work on the date if we get enough interest 

I’ve got plenty of sinkers. Could use some heavy spro type bucktails.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI