Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

So, how did your weekend plans work out?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Mine didn't go anything like I had planned...except the weather and wind, they were right on target redface.gif The screaming wind Friday night that went so much more N than NE put an end to Friday night's plans. Saturday the wind continued screaming so I opted to try and catch up on stuff here in the dungeon. Saturday night, more screaming wind from the wrong direction icon25.gif

Sunday, Mother's Day, I spent with my lovely wife at my mom's house. The good news is I spent a few hours chasing large mouth bass in my mom's lake...we could hide from the wind there smile.gif Ended up going through most of a bag of 7 1/2" bubblegum pink floating rubber worms that I bought to use for weaks and early season stripers smile.gif

Say what yah want about those over grown sunfish, but they can suck down a 7 1/2" rubber worm like nobody's business...and they put on as good a jumping show as them oily, nasty blue devils except without the teeth smile.gif

Anyone actually have their weekend plans come through? Anyone find them jumbo weaks folks were looking for?

TimS

I'll be standing in the Boston rain casting to fish that arn't going to bite and thinking sooooon so soon.

Yep. Water temp 44 ........ Soon

The good news is a reliable source has caught a traveler (non holdover) , so maybe very soon. smile.gif

[ 05-09-2005, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: seadogface ]

Felt like november on the hook sunday cept the water was colder yesterday.

I soaked many clams - nuttin. Called it quits around 11.

5 pm - the river was alive with blues and stripers. Redemption.

Friday night fished the usual spots in some pretty decent conditions.. The wind eventually got to us and we moved to another spot with some cover and caught a bunch of 8-12 # blues with one 28 " bass mixed in.. Hey at least there was some life..

I'll be out there this week a little more.. We shall see...

Saturday morning...used the night pass. Noone was in my spot. Caught fish...till my real estate started to get covered by water. Moved a little north and caught more fish. Had to leave them biting to take care of family obligations. mad.gif Plans worked out well...other than the leaving part. icon14.gif

I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of rain icon14.gif . Did the scout camping thing with my boys, got a little fishing in at the pond at camp, mananaged some trophy bluegills on worms and bobbers, beautiful little buggers plump and gettin' ready to spawn icon14.gif .

Weakfishing later this week cwm13.gif .

Alan

icon14.gif hit 2 weakies and some blues late friday in the rain.fished the south jetty for the first time in about 2 years with the wind and forest gump type rain it wasn't pretty ,but i landed a few fish.saw a few short bass in the mix as well. HappyWave.gif

I had great plan to get out for a pre-dawn fishing romp on Sunday, but the wind and rain were so bad I stayed in bed and ended up fishing around noon, the rain let up but the wind was crazy, no fish anyways.

What did I want for Mother's Day? I want to go fishing...please!

Got up at 4:00 AM on Sunday morning and drove down to Cape Henelopen. Got out of the truck at 6:00 AM to find the wind is still howling. We were banking on the premise that the weatherman is wrong 99.9% of the time...not Sunday! Tried the beach around the pier...nada. Drove around to the Atlantic side...looked over the dune...breakers rolling in higher than I am tall. Didn't even bother to walk over the dunes. Went to breakfast at 9:00 AM. Shopped the Rehobeth LLBean outlet and then headed home. (Bean SPF 40 vented fishing shirts were on sale $29.)

Did I mention the kids called home to wish me a Happy Mother's Day...they got the answering machine biggrin.gif

Fished the Roanoke River in Weldon, Landed 25 rockfish (NC term) 16" to 25" pretty day on the water but the top water bite never came around crying.gif . Saw some boats land bigger fish but they were using herring. not a bad 5 hours floating the river

my weekend plans were trashed today! hammer-time.gif

i was going to go fishing. it was raining like hell this morning. me being on a health kick i refused to go fish in the rain and take the chance of getting sick... then i had three doctor's appointments, lunch with Trish, worked out at the gym, met with my lawyer in preparation for this Friday's deposition (he's really worried as he thinks I'm going to show up looking like a fisherman and made it extra clear to me that "eff you bastages and eat pooh you mother effers" are not appropriate responses...

now i'm doing laundry waiting ONCE AGAIN for the ex to call to get those divorce papers back to me (part of why i didn't go yesterday morning, because i was waiting for HIM to call like he said he would... now i know why i'm divorcing him) and then i'm going to bed. i'm worn out..mentally AND physically! cwm33.gifhammer-time.gif