R.R. Bridge Fisher

Airbrush recommendations

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Harbor freight air brush BLOWS! I tried one so I never bought one. Or maybe I just suck with an air brush.  I could do a better job with rattle cans. 

Edited by poopdeck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting out, paasche H airbrush. Its a single action brush. A big step up from rattle cans. Around $60. There are several models with the only difference being the tip size. You can pick up replacement tips and needles for them. #3 for most work. #5 is good for base coats and simple two color paint schemes. The #3 is a bit finer and you can get more detail on the paint. If you want more detail (thin lines, dots, etc), you can use the #1 tip/needle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used the H.F. airbrush for a while now. I  use it occasionally for a splash of color around the eye or under the chin, sometimes two-tones if I feel like being Fancy !! . I like very simple , solid colors so it's really not an issue, Heated rattle cans work fine unless I feel like breaking out the 'big guns' .Having said that, I definitely would NOT recommend it for anyone that actually wants to do any real airbrushing ! There's WAAAAY better out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont buy a cheapo brush, you will not be happy with the results, and you will blame yourself and become discouraged,a good starting point paasche ,badger, I would recomend dual action, both could be had between 60, and 100, $ but keep this in mind you will not get great results at the first press of the button, it takes a little practice, but after a few sheets of cardboard and a few plugs later its worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2022 at 3:06 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Sorry if this has been beaten to death.  Is a harbor freight airbrush a waste of time  and money or are there other beginner options? 

Thanks 

RR, I would presume that you're all set on the air supply required for the airbrush. If not, this combo from Harbor Freight seems more than adequate.

 

 

IMG_0129.jpeg

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, surfninja said:

RR, I would presume that you're all set on the air supply required for the airbrush. If not, this combo from Harbor Freight seems more than adequate.

 

 

IMG_0129.jpeg

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpeg

Yes I have everything else except the brush

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, surfninja said:

RR, I would presume that you're all set on the air supply required for the airbrush. If not, this combo from Harbor Freight seems more than adequate.

 

 

IMG_0129.jpeg

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpeg

Sorry to hijack this thread, but how do you like this bundle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 2/1/2022 at 6:19 PM, pricise10 said:

I was asking ninja, :laugh:

pricise10, it's more than adequate. To be sure, it's not as refined as an Iwata or Harder/Steenbeck but it's performance is satisfactory.

Edited by surfninja
sp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Sorry if this has been beaten to death.  Is a harbor freight airbrush a waste of time  and money or are there other beginner options? 

Thanks 

Hi RR,

This Iwata is the one I went to an art store (Blick) to buy a few yrs ago, but they were out of it and I ended

up buying the one above it the Eclipse hps-cs. The hps-cs has been great for me, but is more $. The revolution has a .5 tip which should clog very little and allow all but very fine work to be done and is very

well reviewed. I think it is clearly a huge step above a cheapy, and likely to deliver excellent service and be much more satisfying to use. I researched it a lot at the time. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 6.35.04 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Seakarp said:

Hi RR,

This Iwata is the one I went to an art store (Blick) to buy a few yrs ago, but they were out of it and I ended

up buying the one above it the Eclipse hps-cs. The hps-cs has been great for me, but is more $. The revolution has a .5 tip which should clog very little and allow all but very fine work to be done and is very

well reviewed. I think it is clearly a huge step above a cheapy, and likely to deliver excellent service and be much more satisfying to use. I researched it a lot at the time. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 6.35.04 AM.png

:howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.