c0dy

Barnegat Bay boat slip

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 22' aquasport with 8' beam and was hoping to get a boat slip for the season. Would like to be in the waretown area and as cheap as possible. I was hoping to find something under 2k, is this unreasonable?

I don't know the going rate for a slip, but there are plenty of Marina's to check with between Forked River and Waretown.  Depends on what you are looking to do.  If you are planning on fishing the Ocean a lot, then you want to stay in Waretown for quick direct access to Oyster Creek Channel which will take you to the inlet.  Holiday Harbor in Waretown is a good place to start.  

If you move too far south even in Waretown, due to the shoaling in Double Creek Channel you will need to run North to Oyster Creek Channel to get out the inlet.  The nice thing about Holiday Harbor is that once you are out of the Marina you are basically lined up with Oyster Creek Channel and are running towards the inlet in about 5 minutes.

If you decide to dock in Forked River, depending on how close to the mouth of the river you dock, you could add between 10 to 15 minutes to your run out the inlet.  

I visited every marina between Waretown and Barnegat. Finally got a slip at Holiday Harbor. Like Bert said lots of places to choose from. Many places "specialize" in slips for smaller boats. I have a 30 footer with diesels, so having Forked River diesel on site was a huge plus for me.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:25 PM, c0dy said:

I just purchased a 22' aquasport with 8' beam and was hoping to get a boat slip for the season. Would like to be in the waretown area and as cheap as possible. I was hoping to find something under 2k, is this unreasonable?

You should be able to get something. I pay $90 per ft and I’m up in Brick. I think it’s the same or a little less down there. I know for larger boats it’s more. 

Should be able to pick something up around that range.  When I was looking earlier this winter there wasn’t a whole lot available however at a marina that wasn’t up a creek with a longer no wake zone to go thru