Reed422

Any Car Experts

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

Anyone have any predictions for when things will settle down in the car market? I'd like to buy a car but it's pretty rough out there.

We're getting played, low/no inventory with a lot of money around drives up the prices. I got tired of looking,gonna drive what I got till the wheels stop turning, effem.

Daughter got rear ended and car totaled early December. We were in Alabama for Christmas and helping her look for a car. Used car prices are rediculous, she ended up getting a good deal on a new Blazer. Got about 5k off sticker and a decent loan rate.

5 mins ago, ted527 said:

Daughter got rear ended and car totaled early December. We were in Alabama for Christmas and helping her look for a car. Used car prices are rediculous, she ended up getting a good deal on a new Blazer. Got about 5k off sticker and a decent loan rate.

You got that car in Alabama? Around here the cars on the lot are 5K over sticker.

Just now, Reed422 said:

You got that car in Alabama? Around here the cars on the lot are 5K over sticker.

Tuscaloosa Chevrolet

everyday,5 days a week, we get at least one vendor's email about price increases, sometimes multiples a day.  its never-ending. 

just like the impending snow. hype it up to 2-3 feet. we get 1 foot and everyone's happy.

not turning this political, but until Biden is out, nothing will get better.   gas is expected to average 4.00 a gallon this summer.    then the push for battery cars will get even bigger

9 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

everyday,5 days a week, we get at least one vendor's email about price increases, sometimes multiples a day.  its never-ending. 

just like the impending snow. hype it up to 2-3 feet. we get 1 foot and everyone's happy.

not turning this political, but until Biden is out, nothing will get better.   gas is expected to average 4.00 a gallon this summer.    then the push for battery cars will get even bigger

My girl's mom told me she feels so sorry for Biden since he's left with Trump's problems. **** him and the elderly horse he rode in on. This **** is ridiculous. 

My daughter went in for an oil change a couple weeks ago and left with a new car. :laugh:. They gave her 23k for a car she paid 22.5k for 3 years ago. She left with a 32k car for a lower payment. Apparently they want used vehicles. So, if your car has value it might be worth looking into.

27 mins ago, ted527 said:

We looked at the trail blazers 6 months ago, they were in the low 30's with a v6, should have bought one but we wanted a traverse, now the tb's are in the low 40s and you pay extra for the v6. One year 10 thousand more.