Jstripe

Submerged reel

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Zeebaas of course, very similar to Van Staal and you can fully customize them. Biggest size is comparable to the VSX200 tho.

Believe the Penn Torque is also designed to be cranked underwater.

26 mins ago, DutchGFX said:

Zeebaas of course, very similar to Van Staal and you can fully customize them. Biggest size is comparable to the VSX200 tho.

$$$ Penn torque thank u I've heard of that one .. my buddy swears by a staal .. 

39 mins ago, ASrod said:

*in before some idiot suggests the SaltX*

?? U can crank the saltx underwater .. ?? I fish one n it's locked up on me just getting splashed

Just now, MattieG said:

Penn Greenie packed with grease. Will outlive any reel, will outlive you, I, our grandchildren. 

Thx so much for this I got some old Penns I was thinking of trying that out but I may just bite the bullet n purchase a staal

1 hour ago, DutchGFX said:

Not true. I have a ZX-22, bigger than the VS150, also have a ZB-25, bigger than a VS200. The ZX27 is comparable to the VS250, if not slightly larger. All ZB models are roughly half size larger than the VS line up.

35 mins ago, MattieG said:

Penn Greenie packed with grease. Will outlive any reel, will outlive you, I, our grandchildren. 

The old Z models packed with lithium grease were bullet proof. Maintenance involved after after every saltwater dunking session, but bullet proof when cleaned & re-lubed/packed.