Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulS

Scusset Beach,Mass.

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I have to go to Mass. tom. morning for work (F1 racing in Quincy). Can someone who knows the canal tides please tell me when would be a good time to fish Scusset beach Wens. evening/Thursday morning.

Thanks

Paul

High tide Weds. at Scusset beach is 9:47pm. Low @ 4:09am Thurs morn.

I haven't fished the actual beach there in a few years, but if I remember correctly we always fished it on the high dropping, in close to the jetty on your right as you face the bay.

I don't know much about the spot, but when I was there at dead low, I noticed how much of a drop it was from the high water mark both on the beach and on the rocks.. Water must move nice over there..

ErikT

PaulS didn't come back on this thread so I guess he's fishing Pip's.

Hell of a blitz there Sun am of 25" twinkies. There were PB there on the West from the start of the rip all he way down to Good Hole and beyond. Millions of PB - thick the whole way. Twinkies were in right at you feet to 25 yrds out. Good sign of things to come.

Sorry for the confusion guys - I was planning on fishing the canal at schusset beach park. I am not sure of the name of the spot or pole # (sounds like Pips rip). I didn't go because I stayed in Quincy rather than my usual Plymouth. If anyone can go to F1 racing in Quincy, you should go. It was a blast!