Bait Cannon.

Rate this topic

SurfCasterNJ

4 hours ago, SurfCasterNJ said:

Anyone ever use or see someone use the bait cannon ? Just seen a guy on marketplace selling bait cannon slugs, look like they’d fly a mile. I personally would never own or actually use one for fishing , but they look fun to do at least once.

I haven’t. Me personally, if I had the funds and the time, and I felt I really needed to get my bait out far….

Or…. If I knew a disabled vet that we were collecting for, I would personally go for the drone option. I’ve seen the videos. Drop the bait payload. 

There’s also some amphibious tank thing on an umbilical chord that must cost a fortune but fills the same need. 

Being mostly able bodied, minus some mild-moderate issues not worth expanding on, I would learn the conventional reel game first before any of those fancy routes. You can sling 8 n bait a country mile on a winch. (Well - real fishermen can, not me. LOL)

4 hours ago, EricDice said:

I haven’t. Me personally, if I had the funds and the time, and I felt I really needed to get my bait out far….

Or…. If I knew a disabled vet that we were collecting for, I would personally go for the drone option. I’ve seen the videos. Drop the bait payload. 

There’s also some amphibious tank thing on an umbilical chord that must cost a fortune but fills the same need. 

Being mostly able bodied, minus some mild-moderate issues not worth expanding on, I would learn the conventional reel game first before any of those fancy routes. You can sling 8 n bait a country mile on a winch. (Well - real fishermen can, not me. LOL)

Never knew they were using drones now haha pretty innovative stuff ! I guess you can almost use them to spot fish as well then plop your bait right on them haha

Guys been using them for sharking from

the surf. Easier than paddling out and dropping a bait I suppose. I’ve seen plans posted online to build them. Wouldn’t be hard, kinda similar to a potato gun.

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

The problem with cannons and drones is a lot of places have banned them and others will in the future, so they might end up being useless after dropping the money on them. Most of the time if the fish aren’t within 100yds of the beach they’re not gonna be within 300yds either.. if they’re a mile out it doesn’t matter. I’ll stick to casting either way. It does look fun though.. 

Hmm.  Kinda interesting from a handicapped person's perspective. 

Personally I hate banning things. I like as much freedom as possible.  And while I have no need for such items in my life right now, who's to say I won't in the future.  

A drone would be pretty awesome for someone with limited mobility.  A bit more options than the drop straight down from a pier.  

On 1/26/2022 at 2:45 AM, EricDice said:

Public policy seems to be going against drones for fishing.

Edited by Capefox