Fishing work bench

Rate this topic

JakerSurf

With the kids out of the house I just got my basement back. I used to have a nice fly tying table but that is long gone. Now I’m tying leaders, changing swivels and hooks and tuning my gear. Im building back my fishing work bench and would like to see some of yours. Anything handy you created or cool to see. 

I currently have all my stuff dumped / spread out on my basement pool table getting organized and tuning things up (replacement hooks, checking split rings, tying new leaders and rigs, etc.) ahead of this season, getting asked daily by the mrs. how much all the stuff costs that is piled on the table hahaha. 

Edited by Italianbuca

36 mins ago, Italianbuca said:

I currently have all my stuff dumped / spread out on my basement pool table getting organized and tuning things up (replacement hooks, checking split rings, tying new leaders and rigs, etc.) ahead of this season, getting asked daily by the mrs. how much all the stuff costs that is piled on the table hahaha. 

Haha I'm surprised my Mrs. Hasn't found it funny that there seems to always be a sale whenever I go to the tackle shop. I make sure to peel the price tags off before I get home.

You guys are too neat.

I’m not comfortable in a workshop where everything looks put away.

My workspace is nothing but things stacked upon other things.

And there’s barely a place to stand unless I move something to create a bit of elbow room for myself.

Yet I am quite comfortable in the space and I really do know where everything.

Someday, my children  will have a lot of laughs going through it all.

1 hour ago, poopdeck said:

My world HQ. I do a little bit of anything here. Also have a shop in my garage with about the same level of organization but my world HQ is where I do my fly tying, jig tying, rod and real repair/maintenance/prep, leader making and whatever else I need to do to go fishing. 

5954CA1A-64DE-4782-8A09-D04327884BD6.jpeg

Very nice 

Missing Wilmington Vermont but loving the Ditch

I've got 3 work benches. I built one for reloading, have one in the basement for general purpose stuff, and the one in the garage where I melt lead, pour jigs, powder paint them, swap out hooks etc. All are currently covered with junk. It almost seems that instead of cleaning off a bench to work on something, I tend to just build a new bench. Since I'm out of room and it's jig pouring season, I'll need to get into that garage and clean up a bit I guess.