flylikabird

Ortiz Slam Dunk Hall Of Famer 2022

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 mins ago, iphish said:

Proof or could you at least post the source or link?

From WEEI:  Back in 2009, the New York Times reported Ortiz was one of 104 MLB players who tested positive for PEDs during an anonymous round of testing conducted in 2003. Since more than 5% of players tested positive, MLB implanted a PED policy the following year.

 

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among the 104 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing substances in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results 

 

Ortiz did allegedly test positive for PED use in 2003, but it was never disclosed what exactly Ortiz actually tested positive for in that 2003 test. After it was reported that he allegedly tested positive, Ortiz apologized but defended his name, saying that the positive result was likely due to supplements and vitamins.

Edited by Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

36 mins ago, iphish said:

Proof or could you at least post the source or link?

Never mind, Joe shared this same article already. 

Edited by fishless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe said:

From WEEI:  Back in 2009, the New York Times reported Ortiz was one of 104 MLB players who tested positive for PEDs during an anonymous round of testing conducted in 2003. Since more than 5% of players tested positive, MLB implanted a PED policy the following year.

 

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among the 104 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing substances in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results 

 

Ortiz did allegedly test positive for PED use in 2003, but it was never disclosed what exactly Ortiz actually tested positive for in that 2003 test. After it was reported that he allegedly tested positive, Ortiz apologized but defended his name, saying that the positive result was likely due to supplements and vitamins.

So you want to hang the guy for "allegedly" testing positive for PEDs before the PEDs became illegal to use in MLB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

So you want to hang the guy for "allegedly" testing positive for PEDs before the PEDs became illegal to use in MLB?

not hang him but keep out of the hall like clemens and bonds and others.   he cheated. plain and simple just like the others mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, coolhandfluke said:

not hang him but keep out of the hall like clemens and bonds and others.   he cheated. plain and simple just like the others mentioned.

Did he do anything illegal once MLB made it illegal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, coolhandfluke said:

none of us will ever know.  he cheated.  nothing else to say.

Allegedly.

 

BTW, just about everyone in MLB was probably using PEDs before MLB said no more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.