SurfCasterNJ

Plug Prices

Rate this topic

118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Can we all agree these plug prices are getting out of control ?! I just seen a Mikes Custom on fleabay, blue cloud pattern that’s up to $227 right now.  Crazy!

Edited by SurfCasterNJ

4 mins ago, SurfCasterNJ said:

Can we all agree these plug prices are getting out of control ?! I just seen a Mikes Custom on fleabay, blue cloud pattern that’s up to $227 right now. I think we should all just become a unit and agree to just sell these at a more fair price ! I sold a few Mikes recently for just under $100 each and it’s only because that’s what I paid for them, I didn’t make any money on them. Just ridiculous that 3/4 of the guys will never get to use and fish these great plugs because the prices are astronomical. Mostly all the guys who do get to buy the plugs at cost turn around and flip them anyway. Just crazy. I’m trying to get some fishable Mikes Swimmer but not possible for the prices. I should of kept mine but was in a tight spot that week . Ok , End rant…… 

blame the idiots paying those prices, 

21 mins ago, gray gables said:

blame the idiots paying those prices, 

Yeah I mean I get it with the very older “collectible” plugs like the Mussos and Pichneys and whatever , but ****n! 

18 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Ive always preferred metals. You can sling them much farther as well.

You can sling a wood plug plenty far. Especially the expensive ones. Getting it back, that's another question.

15 mins ago, hobobob said:

You can sling a wood plug plenty far. Especially the expensive ones. Getting it back, that's another question.

As has been the case for me more times than I care to recount.  

1 hour ago, SurfCasterNJ said:

Can we all agree these plug prices are getting out of control ?! I just seen a Mikes Custom on fleabay, blue cloud pattern that’s up to $227 right now. I think we should all just become a unit and agree to just sell these at a more fair price ! I sold a few Mikes recently for just under $100 each and it’s only because that’s what I paid for them, I didn’t make any money on them. Just ridiculous that 3/4 of the guys will never get to use and fish these great plugs because the prices are astronomical. Mostly all the guys who do get to buy the plugs at cost turn around and flip them anyway. Just crazy. I’m trying to get some fishable Mikes Swimmer but not possible for the prices. I should of kept mine but was in a tight spot that week . Ok , End rant…… 

Like it or not your purchases/sales at 100 bucks,  which is over the retail price, contributed to the issue.

8 mins ago, bbfish said:

Like it or not your purchases/sales at 100 bucks,  which is over the retail price, contributed to the issue.

Agreed. But just seeing that one plug going for $230 was nuts 

9 mins ago, bbfish said:

I know I’m as much to blame as anyone else haha just think it’s time for a change 

Good for the builders, bad for the guys that want to sling 'em.

Just bought some Fixter's, still affordable enough to toss, but not as freely as a Cotton Cordell or even a Super Strike.

I'll be pissed when I lose them, but that's the nature of the beast and at the very least I know the money went to an American Folk Artist/Craftsman. Thanks Mike, looking forward to getting them wet.

I never found a real need to buy wood plugs unless it was metal lips, needles, and pencils. $25 is typically my max since everything gets fished. Up to $40 for a really high quality metal lip or needle though but that’s a stretch and very rare even for me. The fish don’t really care. they would hit a block of wood with hooks. If plastic plugs could do the little things the advantages of wood could do in specific areas, I wouldn’t even bother with wood plugs. 

1 hour ago, bbfish said:

I was thinking the same

1 hour ago, dangingras said:

Just bought some Fixter's, still affordable enough to toss, but not as freely as a Cotton Cordell or even a Super Strike.

I'll be pissed when I lose them, but that's the nature of the beast and at the very least I know the money went to an American Folk Artist/Craftsman. Thanks Mike, looking forward to getting them wet.

I agree. Bought some also

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, dangingras said:

Edited by SurfCasterNJ