Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Power Tools and who makes them chart

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

I see that Craftsman and DeWalt are made by the same company, does anyone know if their 20V batteries are interchangable????

No, the plastic tabs are different in dimension.  You can buy a converter on ebay to make it work. 

47 mins ago, hobobob said:

No, the plastic tabs are different in dimension.  You can buy a converter on ebay to make it work. 

OK Thanks............

Title is misleading. Who owns vs who makes/manufactures....  Many are just acquired by Wall St types and private hedge fund types. Very different from all being made under one roof and slapping a brand name on same tool or appliance.  Did not see Makita....

17 hours ago, b-ware said:

I see that Craftsman and DeWalt are made by the same company, does anyone know if their 20V batteries are interchangable????

Dewalt is black and decker… when younger we sold power supply cords to all of them

1 min ago, mybosox3 said:

Dewalt is black and decker… when younger we sold power supply cords to all of them

Aeg is owned by Milwaukee 

2 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Title is misleading. Who owns vs who makes/manufactures....  Many are just acquired by Wall St types and private hedge fund types. Very different from all being made under one roof and slapping a brand name on same tool or appliance.  Did not see Makita....

I remember when Milwaukee would not buy our Mexican power cords now they are owned by the Chinese