The Fisherman

Edison Fly Fishing Show

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

I'm hoping to see some SOLers at the Edison Show this weekend. Shows like this are great for putting names to faces...finding a new rod or reel...or hard-to-locate tying materials...but what I like most are the learning opportunities. You see, I'm not only a presenter, but also an attendee. At every show, I make a list of seminars and demos I want to check out, and this year looks better than ever. It's a great way to get quality instruction, and most of them are included with the cost of your admission. Speaking of which, I'm doing a seminar Friday at 4:30, Modern Wet Fly Strategies; another seminar Saturday at 9:45am, Finding Small Stream Nirvana; a tying demo Saturday at 12:30, Spiders, Winged & Wingless Wets; and class Saturday afternoon, Tying and Fishing Wet Flies. If freshwater isn't your cup of tea, I know Joe Cordeiro is doing a flatwing tying demo and class, Jim Freda's doing a seminar on fall blitzes, and be sure to swing by the Block Island Fishworks booth. 

61f03b5f50dae_ScreenShot2022-01-25at1_02_00PM.png.427fce126b5b2fd1657a661903495717.png

This is true. That big 'ole Farmington brown took a Hackled March Brown, the fly pictured above. It's one of my favorite Isonychia patterns.

Steve Culton

Edison Show is this the one once held in Somerset Convention Center,

And as luck would have it more times than Not a Snow Storm Nor Easter is in the Forcast Fri Night all day Saturday.  

Good Luck to all that attend and stay safe.Way too far for this old fart to drive[14mpg].I'll be at the Marlboro show in April.

My SW club has a table at the show and I was suppose to tie at it.  Given the weather forecast, damn if I'm going to drive to Edison in a snow storm.  I'll try to get to the show in Lancaster, PA in March.  Driving time is about same.

I"m going to pass.  Too many folks in a confined space.  The misses has asthma and I don't want to bring something back that could hurt her.  See ya next year!

My plan is for this show is....#1 Be there when they open Friday AM (in theory, to beat the "crowds"),  #2 buy some premuim bucktails and other streamer materials, #3 find a "local" fly casting instructor for lessons, #4 get the Hell gone before the "crowds" arrive.

I"m not attending though I've been shot twice then boosted and use the KN95 mask. But with the snow it may be vacant so I could make a fast dash in then out with feathers and hair.

all depends on snow and road conditions- me and son who much prefers freshwater to the salt plan on going saturday. It is the last day of duck season but I bagged enough ducks this year. 

6 mins ago, Striperknight said:

I'll be going on Friday to avoid the crowds. 

Not meaning to discourage you, but don't be surprised if a lot of other people change their plans and do the same thing!  Saturday in the snow is likely to be the least crowded day (if you can get there okay).

3 mins ago, East Coaster said:

Not meaning to discourage you, but don't be surprised if a lot of other people change their plans and do the same thing!  Saturday in the snow is likely to be the least crowded day (if you can get there okay).

I'm not worried.