HERE MY LAYOUT, PLEASE ADVICE IF THIS LAYOUT WORK

DESIGN PART:

REEL SEAT: APLS

GUIDE: KW WITH MN TIPTOP
ANY IDEA OR ADVICE WILL BE APRECIATED.

THANK YOU!

JOHNNY

10FTODM.PNG

Whats the distance from spool face to stripper guide?

looks like the distance from the spool to the stripper is gonna be about 34.5. for a vs200 i would bring that down to 30-31 and i would add another running guide. the spacing from the 30 to the 12 are good. I would add that runner and redo the spacing for them. would also change the runners to 8's.

14 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

looks like the distance from the spool to the stripper is gonna be about 34.5. for a vs200 i would bring that down to 30-31 and i would add another running guide. the spacing from the 30 to the 12 are good. I would add that runner and redo the spacing for them. would also change the runners to 8's.

Thank you Mike!

Here my little update from your advice.

I add another kw10 runner. with this layout, it bring down the spacing between the (max spool lip) to the first guide is around 30.5 to 31. please advice on the spacing between these runner guide.

Also, the reason I want to try use KW10 is the place I fish, the water has a lot of seaweed and it stuck on my guide. I want give a little room for these issue.

Please advice on the new layout!

10FTODM.PNG

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

Spacing looks good, but I'd drop the 12 down to a 10 and that will "bullseye" appropriately from the 30.   Keep the 10 runners if you'd like, I'd personally drop down to 8 or even 6 like Mike suggests.  I've had some luck with smaller guides helping to strip away debris vs. it getting hung up on larger guides.  I also wouldn't hesitate at all to run KB to KT runners and save a some weight on the tip.   

Spacing of runners is a good starting point, but definitely do a deflection test once you get them on there.  

Not sure what Alps reel seat you're planning on using, but I would advise against aluminum.  Great product, but use it once in the cold and you won't make that mistake again. 

Edited by Harp

do your static testing and test casting and you will be able to tweak it it needed. regarding the weed and mung getting hung up on 8's. i never saw the benefit of reeling it through the guides and onto to reel and then proceeding to cast and collect more of than **** on the line anyway. so i do more to large guides to accommodate it 

I would listen to Mike. 8's will be fine on that rod for what you do. 10s are a bit heavier and I think that they'll impact the tip a bit. 

I would also consider going with kw30-25-20 then kl12-kt8s. The single foot guides at the tip will keep it light and no they are not less durable that kw.

Hi DrewC, Surffisher Mike and Harp!

Thank you for all of your advices!

I would listen to all, drop down runner guide to KW8. Also, I will stay with double foot guide due to my limited transportation.

This is the second rod I built this winter so far. I will update the static test pics for you! 

How you define your layout system is good while you are doing the static test?

Is there any change for the lay out form if I will change over between vs 200 and visser #6?

All ideas are wellcome!

Johnny

10FTODM.PNG