Followers 0
Goldy

The problem with resident stripers in NJ

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, Goldy said:

They are getting eaten!

B35D915C-7CE1-4BF0-AE39-D200F863280F.jpeg

Those seals are targeting white perch. The stripers are by-catch. 

8 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Is government imposing one fish a day rule?

Yes i need to check that out

I’ve been seeing more at times in the spring in the kayak and I do see the mass of fish stay away from the area of seal concentrations. Some years you barely see the seals but when they show, it can be a sight. I would also assume this brings larger predators following the seals and may also have an effect on our local fish. I just think the pressure on our fish with more anglers than ever and with more technology to target the fish just makes a huge impact. I’m sure Mass. and Conn. has way more seals and would like to hear their side of the seal impact on the fishery.

47 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

I’ve been seeing more at times in the spring in the kayak and I do see the mass of fish stay away from the area of seal concentrations. Some years you barely see the seals but when they show, it can be a sight. I would also assume this brings larger predators following the seals and may also have an effect on our local fish. I just think the pressure on our fish with more anglers than ever and with more technology to target the fish just makes a huge impact. I’m sure Mass. and Conn. has way more seals and would like to hear their side of the seal impact on the fishery.

Im literally waiting for the sharks

What are we complaining about today?  Seals?  Yea they've been sunning in the winter for years.  I still catch my fish each year.  Nothing to see here.