b-ware

Sportsmen Shows

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, b-ware said:

Boxboro show Jan. 28'29 &30...............Standish Sportsmen Show in February cancelled............

Both canceled?

I was just talking about Boxboro with my kid last night. I had told him I wasn't willing to take him this year and he was bummed. 

Made me feel guilty. If it's canceled I don't have to feel so bad.

I'm sorry for the vendors and participants that had planned to be there. Sucks for them.

Can't help thinking it's the right thing though. 

33 mins ago, b-ware said:

Boxboro show Jan. 28'29 &30...............Standish Sportsmen Show in February cancelled............

Too bad about Standish it was close for me; but no room so I can see why. Small show but interesting vendors to talk with. I think RISSA in on for now and that could change too.

28 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Both canceled?

I was just talking about Boxboro with my kid last night. I had told him I wasn't willing to take him this year and he was bummed. 

Made me feel guilty. If it's canceled I don't have to feel so bad.

I'm sorry for the vendors and participants that had planned to be there. Sucks for them.

Can't help thinking it's the right thing though. 

Just the Standish show is cancelled, sorry for the confusion...............

2 mins ago, K Foley said:

Too bad about Standish it was close for me; but no room so I can see why. Small show but interesting vendors to talk with. I think RISSA in on for now and that could change too.

I think every show is subject to cancelation but If I here of any more I will post it here.........................

5 hours ago, b-ware said:

I think every show is subject to cancelation but If I here of any more I will post it here.........................

Did Standish notify vendors on the show closure? They still show it happening on their website.

39 mins ago, K Foley said:

Did Standish notify vendors on the show closure? They still show it happening on their website.

Yes they did, yesterday morning. I am still on the vendors list so thats how I got the e-mail.......

Strange. There’s 20K people in the TD Garden almost every night for Bruins, Celtics and concerts but a few thousand at a fishing show is a problem. 

Several high-end swimbait builders will be in Boxboro....  I hope to make it for a Pizz drop!!  His shad baits are a great profile and color match for pogies....  ive done well on the glide when the big stripers are up shallow early in the season.  

2 hours ago, Teambeefmaster said:

Several high-end swimbait builders will be in Boxboro....  I hope to make it for a Pizz drop!!  His shad baits are a great profile and color match for pogies....  ive done well on the glide when the big stripers are up shallow early in the season.  

hope you're prepped for $300-$400 for the pizz and to get there mad early in line. That said, I'd love to get a big chief.

pizz lineup.png

1 min ago, justintrask said:

hope you're prepped for $300-$400 for the pizz and to get there mad early in line. That said, I'd love to get a big chief.

pizz lineup.png

Just where have you been young man????????????????????????

Just now, b-ware said:

Just where have you been young man????????????????????????

I found myself with a 14 month old, a house, and a wife who somehow hasn't left me yet!? Converted to the freshwater side of things and don't see myself hitting the suds heavily any time soon!

1 min ago, justintrask said:

I found myself with a 14 month old, a house, and a wife who somehow hasn't left me yet!? Converted to the freshwater side of things and don't see myself hitting the suds heavily any time soon!

welcome to life, nice seeing you back posting again.........