Your Baltimore Ravens 2022

Rate this topic

jimmy1956

• 2 months later...

#8 reported early to the castle yesterday putting to rest any reports of him holding out of training camp due to lack of a contract. #8 is in the final year of his rookie contract. Does not appear to be any friction regarding his contract status from either side. 

• 3 weeks later...

Titans come to Baltimore for the first preseason game for both. Yes yes it’s only preseason and 99% of the starters won’t sniff the field. But in reality it means a lot to the players who want to make the team or get some film to show off for other teams. Lot of position battles will be happening and depth chart backups determined. Positions I will be watching will be inside and out LB, WR, guards and Tackles. also new punter. 

Only three preseason games this year. Position competition will be high.

Already stated by Harbaugh that #8 will not play tonight.

Last nights pre-season game recap:

Some played well, some played not so well, couple new guys flashed. Only one guy carted off the field. No major injuries reported…yet. Only 3 starters played and one only played one play lol. 

I’ll take it.

Edited by jimmy1956
Added

On 8/12/2022 at 3:55 PM, jimmy1956 said:

Last nights pre-season game recap:

Some played well, some played not so well, couple new guys flashed. Only one guy carted off the field. No major injuries reported…yet. Only 3 starters played and one only played one play lol. 

I’ll take it.

I liked that big number 98 on DL.

Jones, I think his name is.

That kid is a pocket pusher, for a rookie. 

If he stays healthy, he will be a force.

That tall, Long haired, WR looked good too.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Ravens closed out training camp yesterday. No year ending injuries reported this year so far. I’ll take it.

Ravens play their second pre-season game Sunday night versus the Cardinals at 8:00pm. Harbaugh announced that #8 will not plays as well as Andrews and others. He did say some starters ”might” play a little bit but did not indicate who. 

Linderbaum will return to practice Monday per Harbough.

They had the worse luck for injuries last year, many before the season started, then a wave of injuries the first several weeks. Some was bad luck others may have been the result of poor conditioning. Things are looking up.

10 hours ago, iphish said:

They had the worse luck for injuries last year, many before the season started, then a wave of injuries the first several weeks. Some was bad luck others may have been the result of poor conditioning. Things are looking up.

So far so good. Most of the injured are returning although it’s still doubtful wether all will play the first real game. Still thin at RB. O line is a big work in process. Stanley might be on the field this week. So lets keep them all in bubble wrap till the week before the first game against the jets lol. #8 definitely in my opinion not play till the jet game. 

Ravens play their third and final preseason game tonight in Baltimore against the Commanders. #8 will not play per Harbaugh. Cut down to 53 is next week. Still some end of the rosters spots to be had. RB, WR, ILB will be watched closely. Left guard is critical for development. And as usual please no injuries.

On a good note LG RS been removed form the PUP list as of yesterday. Don’t know if he’ll be ready by week one versus the Jets but it is still fantastic news especially for #8. Let hope he can return to even close to his old form after two years of ankle surgeries. 

• 2 weeks later...

#79 returned to practice yesterday for the first time. Don’t think he’ll play the first week against the Jets but hopefully it won’t be long. 

Travis Jones was the only player on the active roster to miss practice yesterday while recovering from a sprained knew suffered in the preseason. Not expected to be back till sometime in October.