New Guy - Hoping to Contribute

Rate this topic

BayouQ

Welcome bayou, this is a great place to gain knowledge and meet new people that share the same interest. The members here seem to be very helpful. You should be ok to start off with the gear you have. As far as a beach cart goes, they are nice to have if your bringing multiple rods, a lot of tackle, bait, cooler, etc…. Me personally I almost always only fish lures in the surf. I only use bait typically on a boat. So I pack a surf bag with what I think maybe productive at that time. I definitely pack  at least 1 sp minnow, 1-2 mag darters, a pencil popper, needlefish, a spook, metal lip plug, bucktails, and a pack of paddle tail shad with jig head hooks. Start with a few different types of lures and learn how, why, and when to fish them. Color wise bright morning/day, darker when it’s darker like night, sunset, sunrise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I got some birthday money and decided to go for the cart. I ordered the Angler's Fish-n-Mate 310 from West Marine for $269. It came in - and yep - it's the full size one with balloon tires. The same one is $100 more at Cabela's and $210 more at Amazon. I went back to the WM site this morning and it's gone. I'm wondering if they made a mistake and listed the full size at the Jr. model price?