Master bedroom work

Rate this topic

gray gables

Being off this month I decided it was time to re-paint my master bedroom. I haven't done it since I built my house in 02. Bedroom is on the first floor, 16x16 roughly. It has smooth ceilings, crown molding, 3.5 chairrail, 2 windows which have sills and aprons and sashes, two doors and jambs to paint, plus the walls, plus the 7" tall two piece baseboard. Holy shite was it alot of work.

1, Patched, sanded and primed all nail pops and holes from pictures.

2, Pole sanded the ceiling.

3, Painted the ceiling twice in different directions with sherman williams pro mar 400 flat white paint. Went from linen white to flat white also.

4, All of the trim I used sherman williams cashmere semi-gloss bone white something. That all received two coats. I had to re-caulk most of it also. The crown is 4 5/8 crown. The casing is a 3.5 windsor casing. The baseboard is 5" square with a 2" basecap on top of it.

5, The walls I prepped then pole sanded all of them. I then cut around everything twice since we changed colors, pia. Used duration on the walls, the upper part of the walls was done in a repose gray the bottom part below the chairrail was done in the shade below it called mindful gray. 

The work that went into this was more than I thought. No wonder why painters get so much to do stuff. My painter told me the way I did everything he would have charged a customer 1200$ for that type of job. I'm happy the way it came out, time for a change especially after 20 yrs of the same colors.