FISH BUCKET

ibsp 4x4 permits are sold?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

No room for fishermen on the beach. They started something they can’t stop. So put your Walmart rod in a Sand spike, rub the sunblock on fire up the grill and your own business. With no intent to fish at all.

Edited by Steve_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Drew C. said:

There's going to be lots of whining and crying.

Yes,

I'm crying myself because this will be the 1st in 20 yrs I don't have a IBSP permit. Who would have thought they would be sold out in Jan?

This just seems wrong. But then again, a lot of things are wrong & in the whole scope of things, this really isn't that big of a deal.

JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Yes,

I'm crying myself because this will be the 1st in 20 yrs I don't have a IBSP permit. Who would have thought they would be sold out in Jan?

This just seems wrong. But then again, a lot of things are wrong & in the whole scope of things, this really isn't that big of a deal.

JD

I no longer live there but my Dad still does. They sold out early last year too, not this early though. A lot of people were unhappy last, I guess they decided not to miss out this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, Steve_M said:

No room for fishermen on the beach. They started something they can’t stop. So put your Walmart rod in a Sand spike, rub the sunblock on fire up the grill and your in business. With no intent to fish at all.

Maybe they will release some for fishermen in the fall after the beach mob is gone. Most will be back home with kids back in school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, do you think if they release some in the fall, say October they will give a break in price or still charge the full $195.00 for just 3 months? Would be nice to think they would but in reality, I think not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, horsefly said:

So, do you think if they release some in the fall, say October they will give a break in price or still charge the full $195.00 for just 3 months? Would be nice to think they would but in reality, I think not.

NJ give you a break on the price of something - :point:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, horsefly said:

So, do you think if they release some in the fall, say October they will give a break in price or still charge the full $195.00 for just 3 months? Would be nice to think they would but in reality, I think not.

Last year they released a weekday pass in the fall. I think they knew a lot of the beach goer’s were done for the year. I think it was  $100. To me that would be ok. I only fish there in the late fall. There pretty good in there so let’s wait and see what happens. It’s a ways off.

Edited by Steve_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Couple of cut & pastes from the 2022 Yourpassnow site:

New Jersey State Parks

Pass Type *

Island Beach Weekday Mobile Sport Fishing Permit

2022 (valid 1/1/2022 through 12/31/2022)

 

Island Beach Weekday Sport Fishing Permit $150 Resident/ $175 Non-Resident

 

Looks like the weekday pass is available in 2022 at a higher price than 2021.  Even a bigger money grab than last year.  :(

 

Edited by Darth Baiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, Steve_M said:

No room for fishermen on the beach. They started something they can’t stop. So put your Walmart rod in a Sand spike, rub the sunblock on fire up the grill and your own business. With no intent to fish at all.

With the exception of maybe the Walmart rod, this has been going on since at least 1978 in the summer months.  It's nothing new.  But back then they sold maybe 500 to 1000 passes a year, so it didn't seem to be much of a problem.

 

15 hours ago, Darth Baiter said:

Couple of cut & pastes from the 2022 Yourpassnow site:

New Jersey State Parks

Pass Type *

Island Beach Weekday Mobile Sport Fishing Permit

2022 (valid 1/1/2022 through 12/31/2022)

 

Island Beach Weekday Sport Fishing Permit $150 Resident/ $175 Non-Resident

 

Looks like the weekday pass is available in 2022 at a higher price than 2021.  Even a bigger money grab than last year.  :(

 

I thought it was $150/$175 last year also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the weekday pass in 2021 was $100.  They didn't come up with that grab until late spring/early summer I believe.  I could be wrong, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.