ibsp 4x4 permits are sold?

Rate this topic

FISH BUCKET

22 hours ago, Drew C. said:

There's going to be lots of whining and crying.

Yes,

I'm crying myself because this will be the 1st in 20 yrs I don't have a IBSP permit. Who would have thought they would be sold out in Jan?

This just seems wrong. But then again, a lot of things are wrong & in the whole scope of things, this really isn't that big of a deal.

JD

2 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Yes,

I'm crying myself because this will be the 1st in 20 yrs I don't have a IBSP permit. Who would have thought they would be sold out in Jan?

This just seems wrong. But then again, a lot of things are wrong & in the whole scope of things, this really isn't that big of a deal.

JD

I no longer live there but my Dad still does. They sold out early last year too, not this early though. A lot of people were unhappy last, I guess they decided not to miss out this year. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, Steve_M said:

No room for fishermen on the beach. They started something they can’t stop. So put your Walmart rod in a Sand spike, rub the sunblock on fire up the grill and your in business. With no intent to fish at all.

Maybe they will release some for fishermen in the fall after the beach mob is gone. Most will be back home with kids back in school. 

21 mins ago, horsefly said:

So, do you think if they release some in the fall, say October they will give a break in price or still charge the full $195.00 for just 3 months? Would be nice to think they would but in reality, I think not.

NJ give you a break on the price of something - :point:

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

11 hours ago, horsefly said:

So, do you think if they release some in the fall, say October they will give a break in price or still charge the full $195.00 for just 3 months? Would be nice to think they would but in reality, I think not.

Last year they released a weekday pass in the fall. I think they knew a lot of the beach goer’s were done for the year. I think it was  $100. To me that would be ok. I only fish there in the late fall. There pretty good in there so let’s wait and see what happens. It’s a ways off.

Edited by Steve_M

Couple of cut & pastes from the 2022 Yourpassnow site:

New Jersey State Parks

Pass Type *

Island Beach Weekday Mobile Sport Fishing Permit

2022 (valid 1/1/2022 through 12/31/2022)

Island Beach Weekday Sport Fishing Permit $150 Resident/ $175 Non-Resident

Looks like the weekday pass is available in 2022 at a higher price than 2021.  Even a bigger money grab than last year.  :(

Edited by Darth Baiter

"Endeavor to persevere" Lone Watie

On 1/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, Steve_M said:

No room for fishermen on the beach. They started something they can’t stop. So put your Walmart rod in a Sand spike, rub the sunblock on fire up the grill and your own business. With no intent to fish at all.

With the exception of maybe the Walmart rod, this has been going on since at least 1978 in the summer months.  It's nothing new.  But back then they sold maybe 500 to 1000 passes a year, so it didn't seem to be much of a problem.

15 hours ago, Darth Baiter said:

Couple of cut & pastes from the 2022 Yourpassnow site:

New Jersey State Parks

Pass Type *

Island Beach Weekday Mobile Sport Fishing Permit

2022 (valid 1/1/2022 through 12/31/2022)

Island Beach Weekday Sport Fishing Permit $150 Resident/ $175 Non-Resident

Looks like the weekday pass is available in 2022 at a higher price than 2021.  Even a bigger money grab than last year.  :(

I thought it was $150/$175 last year also.

I ate one anchovy, and that is why I did not eat two anchovies.