brianf27

Plymouth, Massachusetts

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone fish Plymouth/Duxbury bay?  I'm new to the area.  I live a few miles away from the Plymouth town ramp.  I just need to find a place to store my Predator PDL.

Thanks,

Brian

I do ... grew up in Duxbury back in the 70's and recently started fishing the 3 Bays on my kayak. You need to get your post count up so you can use PMs ... happy to send you some information

Thanks Jeff.  How do you fish mostly?  I used to enjoy wading around Monomoy with my kayak sight fishing back in the day.  I was a member here years back.  I was in Rhode Island back then.  I've spent the last decade living in Worcester where I started LMB fishing from my Predator.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Plugging with my light spinning setups (Penn spinfishers 4500, Tsunami 7 foot Five-star Med) ... top water or plastics largely. I have a Hobie Compass

Edited by jeffreyrichard

18 hours ago, brianf27 said:

Thanks Jeff.  How do you fish mostly?  I used to enjoy wading around Monomoy with my kayak sight fishing back in the day.  I was a member here years back.  I was in Rhode Island back then.  I've spent the last decade living in Worcester where I started LMB fishing from my Predator.

If you remember your old username or e-mail, then @TimS might be able to help recover your old account.

If you live in Plymouth look at the town beach pass. When I live there years ago I would get one and drive out. You could launch there. 

Thanks.  I live very close to several access points in seems. Very nice. Can't wait just to be on flats with a rising tide. It's been years.  I used to paddle around North Monomoy awhile back. I moved into a condo with no place for my kayak, Old Town Predator PDL.  Any suggestions to options?  I'll looking at getting a storage locker at a 24 hour place in Plymouth. 

Just throwing some caution into the conversation. There are frequent GWS sightings around Manomet and I have seen numerous grey and harbor seals from Scusset to Manomet Point. There are plenty of surfcasting locations along the coast and lot's of sweet water to get out in the yak. 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:05 PM, heyblue34 said:

Just throwing some caution into the conversation. There are frequent GWS sightings around Manomet and I have seen numerous grey and harbor seals from Scusset to Manomet Point. There are plenty of surfcasting locations along the coast and lot's of sweet water to get out in the yak. 

You know how you can tell if there are sharks in the water?  Taste it.  If its salty there are most likely sharks in the area.   I often see seals when I am out on the yak.  I have had them take a striper off my line.  I worry more about idiot boaters killing me than I do about GWs.  And I worry a lot more about idiot drivers killing me on the way to the launch than I do about most anything else.   Just use a bit of commonsense and you should be fine.  My .02

45 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

You know how you can tell if there are sharks in the water?  Taste it.  If its salty there are most likely sharks in the area.   

:agree:    lol..best answer ever...too funny

8 hours ago, Jeff270 said:

You know how you can tell if there are sharks in the water?  Taste it.  If its salty there are most likely sharks in the area.   I often see seals when I am out on the yak.  I have had them take a striper off my line.  I worry more about idiot boaters killing me than I do about GWs.  And I worry a lot more about idiot drivers killing me on the way to the launch than I do about most anything else.   Just use a bit of commonsense and you should be fine.  My .02

7 hours ago, willcodfish said:

:agree:    lol..best answer ever...too funny

Indeed 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:05 PM, heyblue34 said:

Agreed that I wouldn’t fish out front in the kayak around manomet. But I’ve never seen a shark inside the bay.