Anyone using ''Body Fur '' ?

Rate this topic

snapper1

1 hour ago, HillTop said:

Actually other than using the above material because it's easier from the fly dealer shop either using Body Fur or Hairline Baitfish Emulator why not just a dubbing spin if only doing it on the very head of the fly or use a brush style to turn up if you want to do the entire fly.   By building your own design it gives you much more options to make these just the way you want to.

I'm still playing around with the synthetic ideas and found some neat ways of using this wig material that I've never seen anyone try before.   Will show a few once I get it just the way I want it.    As an example I purchased some straight wig material and its very easy to make it as straight or very curly or somewhere else inbetween.   Curled this section as part of my straight material as noted.    With this extra curly wig synthetic material I've found that you can use Gunnar Brammer's way to produce dense fly heads and then snip them with scissors to shape them as you please. 

HT

wig_straight_curled.jpg.80b18f4547cb94c2520e0bdab43b9d77.jpg

wig_straight_curled3.jpg.9390f372a4fe9c7d59965d99eb722b63.jpg

Hi there

I do use Baitfish Emulator a good bit , in different shades...

I like your wrinkled fibers...Makes me think of the Farrar blend, the ''silver scale'' type...

Cheers

LOVE the white Body Fur for my squid flies! Wouldn't use anything else. Dab of silicone on top of it in front. Also, Popovic's wool hair head silicone flies. The best! For awhile, Body Fur was hard to find but glad to hear it's available now. So, now, all we need is to put those squid flies in front of stripers, if they ever do appear again and I mean, good sized stripers who always love a nicely tied squid fly!