tcal4404

Dry suit deals

63 posts in this topic

Just a heads up to folks that I was able to get 15% off a kokatat dry suit/semi-dry suits using promo code GET15OFF at backcountry. Did not work at checkout but placed an order via the chat and they were able to apply it. I would imagine the 20% off codes they do periodically would work as well when they are active. Seems like discounts are hard to come by. Hope this helps someone. I picked up a Hydrus 3.0 SuperNova Angler Semi-Dry Paddling Suit for $591 + tax

12 hours ago, Fishtale7 said:

What size? Every Kokatat suit I clicked on has no XL suits available.

I see the 3.0 swift entry and legacy available in XL

9 hours ago, tcal4404 said:

I see the 3.0 swift entry and legacy available in XL

Swift has no feet. Legacy too $$$. Maybe the SuperNova. Only draw back is only in XXL. How do these suits run in size? I'm 6'0, 190lbs. Wearing sweatpants, and maybe a sweatshirt, depending on weather. 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:00 PM, Fishtale7 said:

Swift has no feet. Legacy too $$$. Maybe the SuperNova. Only draw back is only in XXL. How do these suits run in size? I'm 6'0, 190lbs. Wearing sweatpants, and maybe a sweatshirt, depending on weather. 

I just went through this situation a few months ago. I was not sure what size to buy. I ordered a Lg and XL Kokatat super nova 3.0 semi dry suit. I tried both on and decided the L was the better fit. I am 5'10 190. It gives me enough room to move around with no restrictions and a little extra room to wear layers. Unless your a big belly I would go with the Lg or the XL if you want a lot of extra room. The XXL will be way to big. Good Luck.

9 mins ago, SilverEagle said:

I just went through this situation a few months ago. I was not sure what size to buy. I ordered a Lg and XL Kokatat super nova 3.0 semi dry suit. I tried both on and decided the L was the better fit. I am 5'10 190. It gives me enough room to move around with no restrictions and a little extra room to wear layers. Unless your a big belly I would go with the Lg or the XL if you want a lot of extra room. The XXL will be way to big. Good Luck.

Excellent info!!

13 mins ago, Vintagefishing said:

I saw yesterday that Sterns has a dry suit under $200. I have the Kotakat Supernova. 

Anyone have a review of this suit? There wasn’t any on their website. I had a life jacket from them years ago, never any issues but bare bones I’m thinking it’s the same for the dry suit.

2 hours ago, kevbo1756 said:

Anyone have a review of this suit? There wasn’t any on their website. I had a life jacket from them years ago, never any issues but bare bones I’m thinking it’s the same for the dry suit.

Wow, I saw it for 199 then you get another 25 off. The problem? You can't elect size. Lol

2 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Wow, I saw it for 199 then you get another 25 off. The problem? You can't elect size. Lol

Lol I noticed that too, I t’s either going to fit a baby or Andre the giant 

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, kevbo1756 said:

Lol I noticed that too, I t’s either going to fit a baby or Andre the giant 

I called Overtons. The person taking the order could not figure out why. If they have a 2xl or xl I will get it. 175 shipped is a great deal on a dry suit. I will wear it on my bug boat in the rain. Have a kokatat dry suit and can always use a cheap back up. 

Edited by The Riddler

What a runaround between Camping world and Overtons to order this. Finally ordered a size L after calling CW and talking to a human.

1 hour ago, cheech said:

What a runaround between Camping world and Overtons to order this. Finally ordered a size L after calling CW and talking to a human.

I just spoke to a customer service rep at cw and I asked about sizing and she told me it’s one size m-xl with adjustments. What are we thinking here good deal or piece of garbage?

I was always curious about a dry suit but didn’t want to shell out $600+ so I wear a wetsuit. But for $175 Sounds like a good deal. I can’t find anything on it though.

12 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Dayum!!!  I can drive there and try one on!  

(after I calling to make sure they're in stock)

This suit is discontinued, and it’s not one size fits all. Looking at other retailers sites in comes in definite sizes(S, M, L, XL etc.. And one site had a warning that the latex must be cut to fit the individual.