wok167

DE Surf Tags- February 1st.

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, wok167 said:

Why would you post the date , Now every googan and BBQ circus tent clown will be in compitition to get one . Guy's that really fish already knew there comming out. You have to let sleeping dogs lie. Don't do anything to help the tent none fishing clowns to get a tag, remember the tag they get could be the one you didn't get. Tight lines.

1 hour ago, hunter123 said:

Why would you post the date , Now every googan and BBQ circus tent clown will be in compitition to get one . Guy's that really fish already knew there comming out. You have to let sleeping dogs lie. Don't do anything to help the tent none fishing clowns to get a tag, remember the tag they get could be the one you didn't get. Tight lines.

Not sure whether you are addressing me, or DNREC, as far as posting the date.

I linked it here because it is more focused on the fishing community. This is the only place I linked it. You certainly won't see a link from me posted on the local sunbathers and barbeque forums. Like you, I would prefer only those truly invested in surffishing to get tags.

After the fiasco and complaints DNREC had to deal with last year, combined with the delay of tags this year,  DNREC had no choice but to announce tag sales. Could you imagine the blowback if they made no announcement? I bet complaints from fishermen would have more volume than those from the beach bums. 

Remember, too, there will still be "off peak" tags available even after they reach the 34K.  I can count on 1 finger the times I have been out during a " peak " time.

:point:

And here I was waiting for someone to drag @wok167 through the sand for posting a link to DSF....

I'm not sure if the reply you got is upset with you for posting the link or with Rich King for posting the date (since you didn't actually put the date in your post...)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Didn't even think about the link to DSF. They were,however, first out of the gate with the story, even before DNREC posted the press release. 

As far as getting drug through the sand, happy to oblige, if not me, someone else. Really, no offense is taken, just typical off season discussions 

Edited by wok167

It was toward Wok, Sorry if your upset, but I hate giving any of the bbq crowd an edge. But if you don't get a regular tag, you might be happy with a 5day weekday tag.  I get my info from the Dnrec with email. Don't take it personal you might onlyneed a weekday tag.  I know newbies try to be helpfull. Good luck.

Edited by hunter123

Not upset in the slightest. Actually right there with you in hoping fishermen can buy out all the regular tags and leave none for the beach  bums. That is why I linked to a FISHING website. Do you think DNREC's email list is only comprised of fishermen? After last year, that list is 98% bbqrs, googans, beach bunnies, or whatever you like to call them. Those of us in the game for a while are familiar with when tags typically go on sale. We don't need any new fangled instaposts or tickbook notifications to tell us which way is up.(insert smiley here)..

5 hours ago, wok167 said:

Remember, too, there will still be "off peak" tags available even after they reach the 34K.  I can count on 1 finger the times I have been out during a " peak " time.

34 thousand tags??   Before off peak tags? Your gotta be schidtin me!!

4 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Wasn't it 17,000 tags last year?  No way they doubled it.  I mean they may be stupid but I dont they they are that stupid 

18 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Yes ,It's 17,000 tags. Police , firefighters get them free, as it should be ,or first pick, I'm not sure. Then the rest for who comes first, then the week day pass.  If it was 34,000 tags , it would be great. But you can't get them till Feb 1 st after 10:00 am.

Edited by hunter123

I don't understand why any fisherman would even want to subject themselves to that kind of torture. Surely you guys have greener pastures other than DE beaches?

1 hour ago, JAL said:

I don't understand why any fisherman would even want to subject themselves to that kind of torture. Surely you guys have greener pastures other than DE beaches?

Yep.  I gave up on Delaware 10 years ago and it was already bad then.

Assateague ain't far behind...

LOL...I was in a parking lot by Prices Corner yesterday. A guy in a jeep with surf tag flagged me down. He had seen my '21 Off Peak tag and wanted to make sure I knew when I could renew my tags!.....

Edited by Frank2104

My fault, misleading.

17,000 tags per year, with the possibility of 34,000 in circulation.

I agree there are much better places to fish than Delaware beaches, but fish can be caught, and I'm not driving to Montauk or Hattteras before/after work. 

5 hours ago, DerrickT said:

Yep.  I gave up on Delaware 10 years ago and it was already bad then.

Assateague ain't far behind...

There's still good fishing to be had but, you don't need a surf tag