Scott Charlton

Looks like no haddock until April..

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

The snow/ice/sleet storm damaged the docks a bit.  Captain made the right call, no more fishing until the Acadian Redfish are here, end of March.  I’m not a fan of Acadian redfish, so I’ll wait until Haddock reopens in April.  ‘‘Twas a great year.  Time to focus on other things…Let’s go Bills!  Please get my hopes up, and then crush my soul like a child discovering the secret of Christmas.  January  2022..fishing delayed, retirement stocks down 15%, and the check engine light is on.   Can’t wait for February!

-scott.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Have to agree on Redfish, not bad eating at all, and any of size I catch get introduced to "Dexter", but targeting them?  

Smile & don't fret, you can dig clams in the interim...

Edited by Roccus7

I was all set to drive down to RI to go after cod.  I went on this morning to make my reservation, said 40 spots left.  I decided to get my hair cut and think about it.  After the haircut I said ok, let’s do this.  Went back on.  Guess what was cancelled?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, MartyK said:

Scott, I wish I had invited you to my first wedding.   

Assuming that the event mentioned ended in a messy end, Quote of the Year!!! 

Starting February, I'd like to see @Scott Charlton post a proposed monthly fishing schedule so the rest of us can plan our lives with a higher degree of certainty than using any meteorologist's long-range forecast...

Edited by Roccus7

30 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Assuming that the event mentioned ended in a messy end, Quote of the Year!!! 

Starting February, I'd like to see @Scott Charlton post a proposed monthly fishing schedule so the rest of us can plan our lives with a higher degree of certainty than using any meteorologist's long-range forecast...

Your assumption is mostly correct.   Since 1984 but she still can't end it.

In terms of Scott,  I'm hoping the boat owner doesn't take out a contract on him.  I was going to mention what Tony Soprano did to meow meow, but that boat actually left the dock.

3 mins ago, MartyK said:

In terms of Scott,  I'm hoping the boat owner doesn't take out a contract on him.  

ROTFLMAO!!!  Maybe Scott should just STOP posting his travails, especially if he's doing it on Social Media.  The "Likes" and "Followers" may turn into "Perps"...

3 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

ROTFLMAO!!!  Maybe Scott should just STOP posting his travails, especially if he's doing it on Social Media.  The "Likes" and "Followers" may turn into "Perps"...

The crew on the boat probably look forward to his attempt to book so they know when they're getting a day off.   

On 1/18/2022 at 11:50 PM, Scott Charlton said:

The snow/ice/sleet storm damaged the docks a bit.  Captain made the right call, no more fishing until the Acadian Redfish are here, end of March.  I’m not a fan of Acadian redfish, so I’ll wait until Haddock reopens in April.  ‘‘Twas a great year.  Time to focus on other things…Let’s go Bills!  Please get my hopes up, and then crush my soul like a child discovering the secret of Christmas.  January  2022..fishing delayed, retirement stocks down 15%, and the check engine light is on.   Can’t wait for February!

-scott.

To make you feel good: it’s mid 40’s here , still wearing shorts but will miss a few days to wind and rain.might have put on a long sleeve shirt,:sarc: Let’s go Bill’s:rav:

1 min ago, RAW said:

To make you feel good: it’s mid 40’s here , still wearing shorts but will miss a few days to wind and rain.might have put on a long sleeve shirt,:sarc: Let’s go Bill’s:rav:

35 and windy right now on Amelia Island.   I'm in the fleece I wear when I first drive down here.   I've fished the surf twice.   Both times my daydreaming was not disturbed by anything pulling on my line.   

28 mins ago, MartyK said:

35 and windy right now on Amelia Island.   I'm in the fleece I wear when I first drive down here.   I've fished the surf twice.   Both times my daydreaming was not disturbed by anything pulling on my line.   

Lost about 10 days to cold and wind since October 1st. Fishing has been really awesome, a few new leaning curves has increased my hookups and landing ratio. Be all done here and back in Wells mid March. Have to learn your striper techniques! :rav:

On 1/18/2022 at 11:50 PM, Scott Charlton said:

Let’s go Bills!  Please get my hopes up, and then crush my soul like a child discovering the secret of Christmas.  

Wow! You must be a fortune teller.

13 seconds....flip of a coin...ouch.

9 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Wow! You must be a fortune teller.

13 seconds....flip of a coin...ouch.

Life long bills fans. We should all sell stocks with our knowledge of impending disappointment!