Guess where I was today?

Rate this topic

bob_G

4 hours ago, Joe G said:

Bob, autism can be difficult to diagnose.  I'm unsure if there is even a medical test for it.  Many folks have problems with social, emotional and communicative skills, but fall far short of being autistic.   Perhaps your being too hard on yourself.  

There is no medical test for autism, and it can be difficult to diagnose even for professionals. And it often is accompanied by co-morbids like ADHD. And the reason why it's called the autism spectrum is because autistics can vary from barely functional, to geniuses.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

20 hours ago, bob_G said:

....   Can't believe it's the same city I grew up in.

Did you hear the latest, Bob?

Per T&G......."shooting on Perry Ave......Tuesday night......serious, non-fatal wounds.......3rd shooting in the area in less than a week".

Our 'hood is not the same for sure.   

24 mins ago, Joe G said:

Did you hear the latest, Bob?

Per T&G......."shooting on Perry Ave......Tuesday night......serious, non-fatal wounds.......3rd shooting in the area in less than a week".

Our 'hood is not the same for sure.   

I know Joe.   Our old hood will never be the same. 

My Babcia Rose and I would walk from her home on Dorchester Street, to Millbury Street, Water Street, and Shrewsbury Street without a care in the world.  WPD had foot patrols walking a beat.  I still can recall them walking down a sidewalk, nightstick in hand, saying hi to people. 

I still have a nightstick belonging to a WP sgt, I believe his name was Jack Kelly. I'm looking at it as we speak.

Used to ride my 10 speed all over the city, never had a problem. 

Joe, imagine being solicited on Millbury Street!

The Sultan of Sluggo

34 mins ago, bob_G said:

Joe, imagine being solicited on Millbury Street!

Actually Bob, I was....in my teenage years.   We're talking mid '50's here.  

Was on a blind date with a Ward St gal by the name of Wanda, a neighborhood teen with questionable moral values.  Made me an "offer" in the back row of the Rialto Theater during a Saturday matinee. 

11 mins ago, Joe G said:

Was on a blind date with a Ward St gal by the name of Wanda, a neighborhood teen with questionable moral values.  Made me an "offer" in the back row of the Rialto Theater during a Saturday matinee. 

Those are the best offers

200.gif

troll #122  <*)))<

40 mins ago, Joe G said:

My Mom mentioned the Rialto Theater many times.  I think dad used to go there too. 

Hmm, interesting.  My Uncle Jerry married a gal from either Ward or Seymour Street who's name was Wanda.  You don't suppose?

Do you recall if Wanda had a sister, and if so, what was her name?

Edited by bob_G

The Sultan of Sluggo

3 mins ago, Joe G said:

Mine is not loaded.  Mine measures 23" and has an accompanying scabbard/holster with waist belt.

Your stick appears shorter than 23", yes? 

Mine is 18.75".  No holster.  I'm 99% sure Officer Jack Kelly gave it to my dad. Officer Kelly's beat was the area around the island.  

After my dad returned from WWII he got a job working at Uncle Tom's Tavern on Millbury Street, and that's where he met Officer Kelly.

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Classy.   I hope nobody reading this is related to or knows the lady you mentioned.  What ever happened to "don't kiss and tell"?

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

4 mins ago, bob_G said:

Mine is 18.75".  No holster.  I'm 99% sure Officer Jack Kelly gave it to my dad. Officer Kelly's beat was the area around the island.  

After my dad returned from WWII he got a job working at Uncle Tom's Tavern on Millbury Street, and that's where he met Officer Kelly.

Uncle Tom's.  Why sure.  Know it well.  Had the paper route across the street from it.  Walked past it daily.  I seem to recall a diner of some sorts nearby on that side of the street.

Most likely Kelly worked out of the old WPD substation on Lamartine Street.