nightfighter

Rockler Air Filtration System

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have the Rockler AFS 1000B and it has been a champ for 15 years or so. I have left it running 24/7 for virtually all that time. If I went down to my basement shop and found it off, it was after the power had been out.  Remote died a few years back, didn't care, didn't even try changing batteries. Change the front and internal filters infrequently. (Inside one is $73...) So now it turns itself off after just a minute or two. Starts up fine, no humming or struggle to spool up to speed. Thinking it might be a capacitor, but have not found similar problem when searching online. Had a call into Rockler technical support and they are going to talk it over and get back to me... Any thoughts? (I am a moron when it comes to electrical...

Given the age, thermal overload from tired run windings may be involved. That can be checked with an ohm meter.

I had a problem with my air filtration unit a few years ago. My unit would turn on by itself.  Turned out it was a new LED light I had installed in the shop that was interfering with the remote sensor on the filtration unit.  Not sure if that's what your problem is but thought it's worth mentioning.