Times Have Changed

Rate this topic

JPH

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

We fail to bring fire and sword

Management keeps the fire and the swords in opposite ends of the building...you can pick one or the other, but never both at the same time :bucktooth: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

20 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Now, there's a thought.

Defiant even in retreat.

Most definitely you did not.

You read into things that aren’t there , not defiant at all and I never retreat. Facts are what forms my opinions, facts and witnessing things. Explaining is not retreat. A moderator ? Instigator  ? Self righteous and judge mental with a bit of selective prosecution is what is on my radar. Whatever

17 mins ago, Kones1 said:

You read into things that aren’t there , not defiant at all and I never retreat. Facts are what forms my opinions, facts and witnessing things. Explaining is not retreat. A moderator ? Instigator  ? Self righteous and judge mental with a bit of selective prosecution is what is on my radar. Whatever

He knows how many times you've been in mod queue for previous racist comments. Nothing selective about his perceived 'prosecution', he has access to all the reported posts and saw all your posts from the mod queue the times you've been in there :) Like you say, he's seen things and witnessed things and has an opinion :)

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I guess my big thing is, why are we even bringing race/ethnicity into a website called STRIPERSonline.com, in the massachusetts FISHING sub-forum...what purpose does it serve in relation to either of those topics? It seems like there's a lot of people who use this as their own personal facebook page/soapbox for stating what's wrong with the world...

I remember when this website started. Threads about Tim and Dubs exploits. JPowers and the Ditch. A certain unnamed individual proclaiming himself the best surf fisherman ever. 
It’s was fun. There were fish. What happened?

that was the purpose of my thread. 

56 mins ago, MrJingles said:

I guess my big thing is, why are we even bringing race/ethnicity into a website called STRIPERSonline.com, in the massachusetts FISHING sub-forum...what purpose does it serve in relation to either of those topics? It seems like there's a lot of people who use this as their own personal facebook page/soapbox for stating what's wrong with the world...

Agreed 100%   To me any outdoor related pursuit is fine, showcase your personal talents, fine but it seems to me a lot of blowhards, phoneys and wannabes come here just trying to be accepted.  IMO

PS  My mother was second generation Irish and my father was second generation Canadian, want to hear some pollack jokes..............................

12 mins ago, b-ware said:

Agreed 100%   To me any outdoor related pursuit is fine, showcase your personal talents, fine but it seems to me a lot of blowhards, phoneys and wannabes come here just trying to be accepted.  IMO

PS  My mother was second generation Irish and my father was second generation Canadian, want to hear some pollack jokes..............................

Says yet another angry man. :scream:

The Sultan of Sluggo

On 1/17/2022 at 0:29 PM, JohnQ said:

I agree with JPH.I fished Chatham Light at that time and never had any problems.Lots of fish and crowds sometimes but every one was respectful. Met some nice guys there.

You could fish the Light any day of the year now and have the water to yourself except for the seals and whitey. :laugh:

5 hours ago, JPH said:

I remember when this website started. Threads about Tim and Dubs exploits. JPowers and the Ditch. A certain unnamed individual proclaiming himself the best surf fisherman ever. 
It’s was fun. There were fish. What happened?

that was the purpose of my thread. 

What happened? The fishery got destroyed.