Angler #1

The Power Of Prayer

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

The recent request for prayers here on Stripers On Line has me a little perplexed given that some here also need help from above to gain some degree of peace and tranquility. With out naming some of our brothers ans sisters like the good book call all of us . I have seen posts where some have not fished in over a year for what ever reason, because they were unable to do so. It is these folks whom I would like to offer the words of Saint Francis the healing Saint to subscribe to this year and get some relief from the pain and suffering. For your pain and suffering is also mine as I break bread in the morning .  We should remain more tolerant to the ways of our maker and with his blessings find the road to recovery and final peace . I had to learn at an early age how to pray to help save first myself and then my family members I stand as a testimony  to that trust I placed in prayer .

My life should have never been as long as it has been for I was declared dead on three occasions  with the chanting of prayers over me He made me survive. Many a night I would spend on the water out on Castle Island praying all night and not even fish . The Power of prayers was so strong inside my realm that often I would walk around and defy what ever it was that was making my life abnormal and was able to overcome a mystery of the Gods , but not really understand it true significance . So to my brothers and sisters, do not fear what you may not know , but engage in the process of the Gods. I have begun to pray for those who have not made a request, hoping that you over come your fears and have a heart to heart talk with our maker to heal all of your afflictions and pain . Seek and you shall find . Peace and Prayers  

23 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

The recent request for prayers here on Stripers On Line has me a little perplexed given that some here also need help from above to gain some degree of peace and tranquility. With out naming some of our brothers ans sisters like the good book call all of us . I have seen posts where some have not fished in over a year for what ever reason, because they were unable to do so. It is these folks whom I would like to offer the words of Saint Francis the healing Saint to subscribe to this year and get some relief from the pain and suffering. For your pain and suffering is also mine as I break bread in the morning .  We should remain more tolerant to the ways of our maker and with his blessings find the road to recovery and final peace . I had to learn at an early age how to pray to help save first myself and then my family members I stand as a testimony  to that trust I placed in prayer .

My life should have never been as long as it has been for I was declared dead on three occasions  with the chanting of prayers over me He made me survive. Many a night I would spend on the water out on Castle Island praying all night and not even fish . The Power of prayers was so strong inside my realm that often I would walk around and defy what ever it was that was making my life abnormal and was able to overcome a mystery of the Gods , but not really understand it true significance . So to my brothers and sisters, do not fear what you may not know , but engage in the process of the Gods. I have begun to pray for those who have not made a request, hoping that you over come your fears and have a heart to heart talk with our maker to heal all of your afflictions and pain . Seek and you shall find . Peace and Prayers  

Carl-

Don't let anyone get you down. You are a good man and in the end, that is what counts when we "meet our maker".

Prayers or not, it is what's in your heart. I find most people are good enough but too busy with day to day things (like earning a living, family and personal desires) to think much about the bigger picture. I notice that as we get older and slow down a little, the eyesight gets worse but the vision gets clearer....

12 hours ago, jason colby said:

I notice that as we get older and slow down a little, the eyesight gets worse but the vision gets clearer....

Oh boy is that ever the truth.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:24 AM, jason colby said:

Carl-

Don't let anyone get you down. You are a good man and in the end, that is what counts when we "meet our maker".

Prayers or not, it is what's in your heart. I find most people are good enough but too busy with day to day things (like earning a living, family and personal desires) to think much about the bigger picture. I notice that as we get older and slow down a little, the eyesight gets worse but the vision gets clearer....

that last line my good sir is about as good as it gets...nailed it:howdy:

Yes as we grow older and our bodies wear down some parts for sure, like our eyes eventually become a challenge and like chuck posted our vision does become clearer among the shadows . The experiences of our lives clearly affect the end results and how we shared those experiences will and can also make a difference in how our messages in Prayers get understood and looked at in the path of of life we each choose how we travel the road way to success.  WE are fortunate to have such folks here and so I thank each one for these memories.  Peace and Prayers