milo

Older plugs

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

30 mins ago, milo said:

Selling all my stuff moving, are any of these plugs worth anything?

8C158439-A40F-457F-9D85-AE2D543250E5.jpeg

B6826C70-DCF4-4516-8A32-0EBB652FB9BC.jpeg

701351F5-FAC7-4813-B291-D968250C9DCE.jpeg

Yes. Some good stuff in there. White Danny top left I believe is a Pichney….someone else could confirm. Also above that the blue could be a BM. Lupo above that. Gibbs center Danny and darter. Atoms on the swirl and other to it’s opposite. Not sure about the 40 bottom center but it looks nice

Edited by eelbasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The white danny is a Pichney, blue jr does look like an early bm. The lupo, gibbs and atom stuff is not worth a whole lot. The a40 bottom center does look nice. Not sure on the maker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s killing me to know who made this one, I’ve been told a number of builders but don’t think it’s any of them.  I have one like it painted differently.

2DDC6B55-A88C-4AAD-89DE-42596B682E9B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

23 mins ago, t_man7 said:

It’s killing me to know who made this one, I’ve been told a number of builders but don’t think it’s any of them.  I have one like it painted differently.

2DDC6B55-A88C-4AAD-89DE-42596B682E9B.jpeg

Possible detective work have you seen  any other fish scale patterns like it ..what are the components made of.. also not seeing any retainers around the swivel openings( best I can tell from the angle..) are there any indentations in the wood sometimes you get jig indents like a tiny v on the edge in the same spot for a particular style of plug ..  possible.that you might be able to cross reference up to others.. and paint scheme .. depth and width of cut on metal lip ..radius of head .. hook locations .type and size of metal lip 

Edited by Carlezon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take a pic of the lip of that mullet jr. We can tell you if it's one of Dan's or a bm. That scaled a40 really has me thinking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 mins ago, Haycreekrambler said:

If you take a pic of the lip of that mullet jr. We can tell you if it's one of Dan's or a bm. That scaled a40 really has me thinking!

Danny never made that model. Danny's Jr had 3 hooks and wasn't tail weighted. I designed that plug to fill a specific void. I gave it to Bobby to make after it was decided that Trophy Tackle wasn't coming to fruition. Dee gave Bobby TT's stock of plastic doll eyes around the same time. That's how Bobby started using them. We were all friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, SC said:

Danny never made that model. Danny's Jr had 3 hooks and wasn't tail weighted. I designed that plug to fill a specific void. I gave it to Bobby to make after it was decided that Trophy Tackle wasn't coming to fruition. Dee gave Bobby TT's stock of plastic doll eyes around the same time. That's how Bobby started using them. We were all friends.

Always appreciate your input Steve.

I've never owned any of Dan's jr's except jointed. To me it Immediately looked like on of Bobby's. But, I started to second guess myself. You should really write a book!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Haycreekrambler said:

Always appreciate your input Steve.

I've never owned any of Dan's jr's except jointed. To me it Immediately looked like on of Bobby's. But, I started to second guess myself. You should really write a book!!

Actually Dan's Jointed Jr was a special order model for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, SC said:

Actually Dan's Jointed Jr was a special order model for me

That's what I've always been told. This has to be one of them 20220116_191129.jpg.9841c0cba092fc0d6cfc633c89dbacd9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2022 at 4:33 PM, t_man7 said:

It’s killing me to know who made this one, I’ve been told a number of builders but don’t think it’s any of them.  I have one like it painted differently.

2DDC6B55-A88C-4AAD-89DE-42596B682E9B.jpeg

I cant find it again. but on the other site there is a picture somewhere of an atom 40 made by mike at M&D's.think Tagger put the picture up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derekh said:

I cant find it again. but on the other site there is a picture somewhere of an atom 40 made by mike at M&D's.think Tagger put the picture up.

I was just telling Peter O’Neill that.  It has the M&D’s pikie 3 high slot lip.

Thanks, I think that is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.