RAW

Pier fishing fee, what’s yours

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

The pier here went from $8 to $10 to $15 in a year? Very small private pier. Bait here has also jumped or not available. What’s your pier prices? :rav:

That's per day?  Paying to fish a pier is foreign to me, although I would pay per day to access certain spots along the CT and RI coast.

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

That's per day?  Paying to fish a pier is foreign to me, although I would pay per day to access certain spots along the CT and RI coast.

At $8 was ok , but fishing 5-6 days a week now gets pricey I guess . restaurant pier, slips and water front sold about 6 months ago,very high end condos. 1 million plus. Probably a new restaurant bar  and the pier no idea . :rav:

8 dollars per day same for years. This year they started charging the 7% sales tax. Annual pass is 250 book rate.  I pay less but even that is a great deal. Makes it easy to swing in and check it out with just 1 jig rod real quick and not waste money. Or go snobble 5 cigs after work before it gets dark without waiting in line.

Galveston Fishing Pier(privately owned) in Texas is $15 a day, plus you have to pay for daily/yearly parking. I honestly don't mind it as it keeps the clowns off the pier.

For a lot of seniors 8-10 of us who fish 4-7 days a week it’s quite a bump. Feel bad for young Dads with 2 kids and paying $45 . Have a pier with no railing on the fishing ends is so great for fighting and landing fish , on high tide you can lay down and lip big snook or reds, And never gets crowded. :rav:

5 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Time for a kayak and a cast net for bait. 

Kayak days are done, have a hard enough time on flat ground:rav:

6 mins ago, RAW said:

Kayak days are done, have a hard enough time on flat ground:rav:

I hear you and I will be there one day myself. I got a hernia fixed in December just so I would be healed good enough to lift my kayak in a couple of weeks. 

As long as we can still wet a line we are living and living good imo. :)

On 1/19/2022 at 7:23 AM, RAW said:

For a lot of seniors 8-10 of us who fish 4-7 days a week it’s quite a bump. Feel bad for young Dads with 2 kids and paying $45 . Have a pier with no railing on the fishing ends is so great for fighting and landing fish , on high tide you can lay down and lip big snook or reds, And never gets crowded. :rav:

Parking at the beach was $5 a few years ago ( maybe 3 ) now metered and it’s $20 per 24 hours . Everything goes up even beer . 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, RAW said:

At $8 was ok , but fishing 5-6 days a week now gets pricey I guess . restaurant pier, slips and water front sold about 6 months ago,very high end condos. 1 million plus. Probably a new restaurant bar  and the pier no idea . :rav:

PM'd you a question

3 hours ago, Hook I said:

Parking at the beach was $5 a few years ago ( maybe 3 ) now metered and it’s $20 per 24 hours . Everything goes up even beer . 

Sign of the times, now no more shrimp today. Next toilet will be $25 fee:dungeon::rav:

11 mins ago, RAW said:

Sign of the times, now no more shrimp today. Next toilet will be $25 fee:dungeon::rav:

What no Shrimp ? , can’t use clams, squid nah  

9AAEA3D8-8262-4148-8F98-3706E3EA8EC6.png.f74d9139aaa7d96d438c8e67b6efebd5.png

???