RAW

Pier fishing fee, what’s yours

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

The pier here went from $8 to $10 to $15 in a year? Very small private pier. Bait here has also jumped or not available. What’s your pier prices? :rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's per day?  Paying to fish a pier is foreign to me, although I would pay per day to access certain spots along the CT and RI coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeK said:

That's per day?  Paying to fish a pier is foreign to me, although I would pay per day to access certain spots along the CT and RI coast.

At $8 was ok , but fishing 5-6 days a week now gets pricey I guess . restaurant pier, slips and water front sold about 6 months ago,very high end condos. 1 million plus. Probably a new restaurant bar  and the pier no idea . :rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 dollars per day same for years. This year they started charging the 7% sales tax. Annual pass is 250 book rate.  I pay less but even that is a great deal. Makes it easy to swing in and check it out with just 1 jig rod real quick and not waste money. Or go snobble 5 cigs after work before it gets dark without waiting in line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galveston Fishing Pier(privately owned) in Texas is $15 a day, plus you have to pay for daily/yearly parking. I honestly don't mind it as it keeps the clowns off the pier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a lot of seniors 8-10 of us who fish 4-7 days a week it’s quite a bump. Feel bad for young Dads with 2 kids and paying $45 . Have a pier with no railing on the fishing ends is so great for fighting and landing fish , on high tide you can lay down and lip big snook or reds, And never gets crowded. :rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Time for a kayak and a cast net for bait. 

Kayak days are done, have a hard enough time on flat ground:rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, RAW said:

Kayak days are done, have a hard enough time on flat ground:rav:

 I hear you and I will be there one day myself. I got a hernia fixed in December just so I would be healed good enough to lift my kayak in a couple of weeks. 

As long as we can still wet a line we are living and living good imo. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 7:23 AM, RAW said:

For a lot of seniors 8-10 of us who fish 4-7 days a week it’s quite a bump. Feel bad for young Dads with 2 kids and paying $45 . Have a pier with no railing on the fishing ends is so great for fighting and landing fish , on high tide you can lay down and lip big snook or reds, And never gets crowded. :rav:

Parking at the beach was $5 a few years ago ( maybe 3 ) now metered and it’s $20 per 24 hours . Everything goes up even beer . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, RAW said:

At $8 was ok , but fishing 5-6 days a week now gets pricey I guess . restaurant pier, slips and water front sold about 6 months ago,very high end condos. 1 million plus. Probably a new restaurant bar  and the pier no idea . :rav:

PM'd you a question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hook I said:

Parking at the beach was $5 a few years ago ( maybe 3 ) now metered and it’s $20 per 24 hours . Everything goes up even beer . 

Sign of the times, now no more shrimp today. Next toilet will be $25 fee:dungeon::rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, RAW said:

Sign of the times, now no more shrimp today. Next toilet will be $25 fee:dungeon::rav:

What no Shrimp ? , can’t use clams, squid nah  

9AAEA3D8-8262-4148-8F98-3706E3EA8EC6.png.f74d9139aaa7d96d438c8e67b6efebd5.png

??? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.