fishingnuke

Where do you find yellow perch in the winter

8 posts in this topic

In the winter, yellow perch are usually found around weeds. They could be shallow or deep. Find a weedy bottom and if you are fishing through the ice drill as many holes as you can. Keep jigging each one until you find them. They usually don’t stay in one spot long so keep moving when the action stops.

11 hours ago, Flip n Dip said:

In the winter, yellow perch are usually found around weeds. They could be shallow or deep. Find a weedy bottom and if you are fishing through the ice drill as many holes as you can. Keep jigging each one until you find them. They usually don’t stay in one spot long so keep moving when the action stops.

^^ This. two things i would add is that in my experience the greener the weeds the more likely perch will be hanging around.  Also, sometimes the edge of weeds (weedline ) can be very good depending on depth and substrate.  On the ice i like to try and find some potholes in thick weeds as well as run along  a weedline.  

they spawn pretty early after ice out so late winter look for them leaving weeds and staging near spawning grounds.