Spigola

Sig P320 Compact?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Thinking of getting a SIG P320 Compact to keep in nightstand to replace SIG P365.

Anyone own one and have an opinion on the gun?

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, why replace the night stand gun if it works fine.....and if your not carrying it......although I don't own one, but for the night stand...IMO the Glock 21sf would be my choice....omo.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Glock is a great gun but I hate the hump on the lower part of the grip.  Makes me point high. Plus, I've played with the 45 ACP Glocks and their grips are like 4X4's.

And lastly, plenty of 9MM fodder here.

33 mins ago, Spigola said:

Thinking of getting a SIG P320 Compact to keep in nightstand to replace SIG P365.

Anyone own one and have an opinion on the gun?

Why, I thought you liked the P365?

....aim for their belt buckles....guess my big hands don't mind my 30sf....but that 21sf with a light attached is just a great home defense piece....shot quit a few of them...high cap. 45acp and13 +1 until the Jersey Devil changed it.

The great thing about the P320 is the versatility. You can buy a compact and easily convert it to a full size gun in under a minute while reusing the fire control unit. The P320 is a great platform to work with, and once you have an FCU, you can easily mix and match parts for it and have a gun for any need. I believe that it’s much more versatile than the 365. 

So, one of my boys tells me he picked up a new P320 full size yesterday.....little did I know....says it's a very nice platform in 9mm....

On 1/15/2022 at 1:26 PM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

....aim for their belt buckles....guess my big hands don't mind my 30sf....but that 21sf with a light attached is just a great home defense piece....shot quit a few of them...high cap. 45acp and13 +1 until the Jersey Devil changed it.

I have a G41 with an eotech MRDS and TLR8 as my night stand gun.  Shoots great.

On 1/15/2022 at 0:56 PM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

So, why replace the night stand gun if it works fine.....and if your not carrying it......although I don't own one, but for the night stand...IMO the Glock 21sf would be my choice....omo.

P365 just doesn't feel right if I need to snatch it up in the dark. Just not enough there to grab and point instinctively.  Looking for something with a more substantial grip.  Want to stay with 9MM cause I have a decent stock of it.

I owned, and shot an older G19 for many years when I was with gov't and it was a beast of a handgun, extremely reliable, never jammed once.  Just don't like the way a Glock points high.  Researching the Gen 5 and it appears to be a bit more user friendly.  Will go to Shooters tomorrow and handle a P320 and a Gen 5 Glock 19 and make my choice.  The one that feels best will go home with me.