fishinambition

Fastest car you drove

Rate this topic

276 posts in this topic

77 trans am   455 ho not stock.  twin 650 carbs. tunnel ram nasty cam among all other goodies.  411 in the rear. consistent 11.3 1/4 mile car. not real fast today, but in the mid 80's it was.

I've driven a few but the one that sticks out in mind was back in 1980.

A friend had a 1973 T/A with a 455 and a 4 speed.  We  had it at 145  out on one of the range roads at Bragg.   That car was a straight line car and looking back it didn't handle very well.

I had a 73 Cuda with a 340 at the same time but it was no where near as fast as the T/A.

When I first got a vortech supercharger installed on my G35 it was running super lean, thing would take off like a rocket, but we didn't want it to blow up obviously and had to dial it back. Dynoed at 380hp to the wheels, probably was over 400 before the tune. 

9 mins ago, fishinambition said:

I valet parked cars one time and got to drive some cool ****. The 3 serirs wagon was the most surprising.

I'd say turn in your man card if I actually thought you might have one.

Street car: '86 carbureted IROC

Had the chance to make a run with heavy 9.00 ET class dragster when I used to work at Raceway Park. Got a lesson on doing the burnout, then was gonna do half-throttle/half-pass.  I chickened out. Didn't wanna bend that beauty. The burnout was way coolio enough ;-)

street my 71 Chevelle consistent low 12's in the 1/4

for fun (electric go cart) we built in HS automotive class, powered with a starter motor (holy torque) 

Porsche 911 turbo set up for the track. I went down the wantagh parkway south from merrick rd with the pedal to the floor. I knew I was going fast and it was incredibly loud. When I took a glance to my left ahead on the bike path I could see people turned and looking back at what was heading south making all that noise. I knew then I was going really fast. 

Fastest that I personally drove was a friend's Tesla when they were relatively new.  Really surprised me.

One of my clients though bought a 911 turbo w every performance option available, spent $230K+

He took me for a ride last year, ended up on some county road in the cornfields south of Hamilton.  Stopped the car, he started giggling and said 'let me show you launch control'

I honestly felt my eyeballs being pushed back into my head.  When I squeeled like a girl somewhere around 130MPH he came off the gas, it was still pulling so hard I was thrown forward.  One badass ride....

34 mins ago, fishinambition said:

I valet parked cars one time and got to drive some cool ****. The 3 serirs wagon was the most surprising.

I'm surprised it wasn't your supercharged Camry or the TJ. :laugh: