fishless

JoeBaggs Sand Eel

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, fishless said:

Nice.  I havent seen these in any of the shops ive been to but I'll keep an eye out.  They make different sizes?

There’s a 5/8 and a 1 OZ. 

15 hours ago, fishless said:

Nice.  I havent seen these in any of the shops ive been to but I'll keep an eye out.  They make different sizes?

I got mine at TAK, they had a bunch last time I was in there.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, fishless said:

I haven’t tried any of these yet, I don’t really like fishing rubber but this might be the one I will try! 

after checking out their website- they have 4 different sizes (up to 2oz!) and 3 different colors… hopefully some local shops start stocking them 

EA9BD507-2AB2-4D9A-BE03-8B4E8A39399C.jpeg

Edited by TimS
url

On 1/14/2022 at 10:24 AM, fishless said:

Anybody try these yet?  They appear to be a hybrid of the Vision sand eel and surf eel.  Weighing in at 1 oz so definitely heavier than the Vision sand eel but look to be the closest to the Vision I've seen since those left the market.   

Reel Seat has em.

9 hours ago, fishless said:

Nice I'll be stopping by soon.  Gonna look for that 5/8 oz

I need to swing by there again soon. Gotta load up on the Yo Zuris you turned me on to 

I haven't personally purchased any, but was given a few different sizes last year to try. They catch fish, but so do some other options mentioned in this thread.

9 hours ago, layer8 said:

I haven't personally purchased any, but was given a few different sizes last year to try. They catch fish, but so do some other options mentioned in this thread.

I'm thinking of trimming the fins on them and make em more stream lined like the Vision was. 

9 hours ago, Sheisty said:

Bill Hurley Paddletail Cape Cod Sandeel Olive

I got those too.  Need to get the smaller jig heads and get them into the rotation. 

I did see the Baggs last night.  My preference would be the throw the 5/8 oz but I thought the body was too small.  The 1 oz is a little heavier than I want to throw but I'll give em a shot next fall. 

14 hours ago, fishless said:

I did see the Baggs last night.  My preference would be the throw the 5/8 oz but I thought the body was too small.  The 1 oz is a little heavier than I want to throw but I'll give em a shot next fall. 

The 1 oz doesn’t fish as heavy as you might imagine. Fishes more like a 1/2 or 3/4 oz bucktail would. The tail and plastic hold it up quite a bit. They’re deadly

11 hours ago, mr. mr said:

The 1 oz doesn’t fish as heavy as you might imagine. Fishes more like a 1/2 or 3/4 oz bucktail would. The tail and plastic hold it up quite a bit. They’re deadly

I like what your saying.  :th: