fishless

JoeBaggs Sand Eel

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Anybody try these yet?  They appear to be a hybrid of the Vision sand eel and surf eel.  Weighing in at 1 oz so definitely heavier than the Vision sand eel but look to be the closest to the Vision I've seen since those left the market.   

6 mins ago, RebelMusicNP said:

They look cool. Have not tried them and I still have ONE vision sandeel left from back in the day. I would rather lose my wallet. 

I'm with ya.  I still have a small stash left but just saw these new ones the other day and thought, did someone finally fill the void?

21 hours ago, fishless said:

Anybody try these yet?  They appear to be a hybrid of the Vision sand eel and surf eel.  Weighing in at 1 oz so definitely heavier than the Vision sand eel but look to be the closest to the Vision I've seen since those left the market.   

Hey Bob. Yes, I did notice these have a Vision-esque quality. I did try the natural color when they first came out with some success. Had some slot fish with it. I haven’t picked up the frosty colored ones yet.

F5B3F1EB-F57C-4403-8726-3567089F6DAF.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gully said:

Nothing you can’t do with a $.10 curly tail and a $.50 leadhead. 

Fact! Been using 6” white curly tails for as long as I can remember 6” white curly tails.  Never understood spending triple or more for the lack of mass purchasing and a production line. 

2 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Hey Bob. Yes, I did notice these have a Vision-esque quality. I did try the natural color when they first came out with some success. Had some slot fish with it. I haven’t picked up the frosty colored ones yet.

Looks a lot like the storm sand eel. Hard to find but they're a nice option as well.

4 hours ago, poopdeck said:

Fact! Been using 6” white curly tails for as long as I can remember 6” white curly tails.  Never understood spending triple or more for the lack of mass purchasing and a production line. 

That’s todays fisherman. No tinkering. No tweaking. No figuring anything out. Just hand them a rod already hooked into a fish..  Not about the fishing anymore. It’s about the fish. 

The smaller size I had a ton of albies and a few little bluefin on this fall.  

Bass eat em, just like any other weighted paddle tail. 

338DC9FB-B527-48F7-BFB8-673568DFD8A7.jpeg.a0b7e016c71ccbd341e6d6508509ef1d.jpeg

surprised that someone hasn’t made a mold of these yet and just diy it… but idk if that’s even possible, I’m unfamiliar with the process. I don’t really fish them anymore- but I would agree that heavier would be better

1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

surprised that someone hasn’t made a mold of these yet and just diy it… but idk if that’s even possible, I’m unfamiliar with the process. I don’t really fish them anymore- but I would agree that heavier would be better

That’s a great idea. Make your negative and positive molds off of what you have left before they’re ruined by toothy critters. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

I think Mike MC55 did just that with his swimmers. 

14 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Vision Surf eel is alot different than the Vision Sand eel.  

10 hours ago, jpiercy13 said:

Vision Surf eel is alot different than the Vision Sand eel.  

Oh I got both… but I personally always liked the surf eel. 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:23 AM, DeeMonee said:

Nice.  I havent seen these in any of the shops ive been to but I'll keep an eye out.  They make different sizes?