fishless

JoeBaggs Sand Eel

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Anybody try these yet?  They appear to be a hybrid of the Vision sand eel and surf eel.  Weighing in at 1 oz so definitely heavier than the Vision sand eel but look to be the closest to the Vision I've seen since those left the market.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, RebelMusicNP said:

They look cool. Have not tried them and I still have ONE vision sandeel left from back in the day. I would rather lose my wallet. 

I'm with ya.  I still have a small stash left but just saw these new ones the other day and thought, did someone finally fill the void?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fishless said:

Anybody try these yet?  They appear to be a hybrid of the Vision sand eel and surf eel.  Weighing in at 1 oz so definitely heavier than the Vision sand eel but look to be the closest to the Vision I've seen since those left the market.   

Hey Bob. Yes, I did notice these have a Vision-esque quality. I did try the natural color when they first came out with some success. Had some slot fish with it. I haven’t picked up the frosty colored ones yet.

F5B3F1EB-F57C-4403-8726-3567089F6DAF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gully said:

Nothing you can’t do with a $.10 curly tail and a $.50 leadhead. 

Fact! Been using 6” white curly tails for as long as I can remember 6” white curly tails.  Never understood spending triple or more for the lack of mass purchasing and a production line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Hey Bob. Yes, I did notice these have a Vision-esque quality. I did try the natural color when they first came out with some success. Had some slot fish with it. I haven’t picked up the frosty colored ones yet.

F5B3F1EB-F57C-4403-8726-3567089F6DAF.jpeg

Looks a lot like the storm sand eel. Hard to find but they're a nice option as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, poopdeck said:

Fact! Been using 6” white curly tails for as long as I can remember 6” white curly tails.  Never understood spending triple or more for the lack of mass purchasing and a production line. 

That’s todays fisherman. No tinkering. No tweaking. No figuring anything out. Just hand them a rod already hooked into a fish..  Not about the fishing anymore. It’s about the fish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The smaller size I had a ton of albies and a few little bluefin on this fall.  
 

Bass eat em, just like any other weighted paddle tail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

338DC9FB-B527-48F7-BFB8-673568DFD8A7.jpeg.a0b7e016c71ccbd341e6d6508509ef1d.jpeg

 

surprised that someone hasn’t made a mold of these yet and just diy it… but idk if that’s even possible, I’m unfamiliar with the process. I don’t really fish them anymore- but I would agree that heavier would be better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

338DC9FB-B527-48F7-BFB8-673568DFD8A7.jpeg.a0b7e016c71ccbd341e6d6508509ef1d.jpeg

 

surprised that someone hasn’t made a mold of these yet and just diy it… but idk if that’s even possible, I’m unfamiliar with the process. I don’t really fish them anymore- but I would agree that heavier would be better

That’s a great idea. Make your negative and positive molds off of what you have left before they’re ruined by toothy critters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

338DC9FB-B527-48F7-BFB8-673568DFD8A7.jpeg.a0b7e016c71ccbd341e6d6508509ef1d.jpeg

 

surprised that someone hasn’t made a mold of these yet and just diy it… but idk if that’s even possible, I’m unfamiliar with the process. I don’t really fish them anymore- but I would agree that heavier would be better

I think Mike MC55 did just that with his swimmers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

338DC9FB-B527-48F7-BFB8-673568DFD8A7.jpeg.a0b7e016c71ccbd341e6d6508509ef1d.jpeg

 

surprised that someone hasn’t made a mold of these yet and just diy it… but idk if that’s even possible, I’m unfamiliar with the process. I don’t really fish them anymore- but I would agree that heavier would be better

Vision Surf eel is alot different than the Vision Sand eel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jpiercy13 said:

Vision Surf eel is alot different than the Vision Sand eel.  

Oh I got both… but I personally always liked the surf eel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 8:23 AM, DeeMonee said:

Hey Bob. Yes, I did notice these have a Vision-esque quality. I did try the natural color when they first came out with some success. Had some slot fish with it. I haven’t picked up the frosty colored ones yet.

F5B3F1EB-F57C-4403-8726-3567089F6DAF.jpeg

Nice.  I havent seen these in any of the shops ive been to but I'll keep an eye out.  They make different sizes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.