wishiniwuzfishin

any other adoptees..

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I found my half sister after 40+ years . And a family, nay a hoard who wanted to keep me against my mothers wishes so many years later. It was amazing to give my sister away, and walk like a ghost into so many lives after so many years..what an amazing life it is. Interesting to me subject.

1 hour ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

ever search? A friend told me awhile ago Coumo unlocked Ny's sealed adoption records, and today I got my pre-adoption birth certificate. Moms name and address.

If i told you how i found my sister, you wouldn’t believe me. My wife the only one who was there..

Not an adoption, but a childhood friend did a DNA test and found a half sister/half cousin?:huh: Turns out her dad was banging his sister in law (wife’s sister) and had a kid. I think one of her older sisters may have known, but it was a complete surprise to the rest of them. She always wondered why her father and uncle never spoke. Now she knows. 

I've beven on Ancestry for a couple years.  I re upped my subscription which gets you access to all kinds of records. Long story short I messaged her brother.  eff it.. life's short

Out of respect for the  man that  raised me I didn't  pursue my true  birth  roots till after  he  passed. I reached out and  contacted a  sister and it ended up being a  " who  cares " type of thing. I feel that's the best way  it  could  have ended for me, I  got  peace.

18 hours ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't already know I hit the adoption lottery.. I really did. If my birth mother is still alive I would want to thank her for letting me be raised by a truly wonderful family. 

:clap: 

18 hours ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't already know I hit the adoption lottery.. I really did. If my birth mother is still alive I would want to thank her for letting me be raised by a truly wonderful family. 

I feel the same way WIF.

Ive taken care of my adoptive mother for 3 years now, thru her dementia. Couldn’t begin to explain what that entails to someone who hasn't been thru it. I was an ok son, lots of trouble, but had the best parents ever. Grew up with a good brother. I revere my dad.

my bio mother was a devout Irish Catholic, who gave me up to the convent at 19yo. My first family is a fiercely protective group who didn’t want to let me be raised by outsiders.

My bio father and mom had passed at the time of my discoveries, their being married for decades in the end. But my father couldn’t handle the demons in the end. He remarried and had a daughter. My sister. He was a great father by her account and my analysis. I wouldn’t change a thing.

10 mins ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

It's pretty cool seeing a picture of someone you resemble!

My buddies / band came over and spied my screenshot on my computer one night and they thought I was cheating on my wife lol. Said who is this girl your holding in this picture. Spitting image.

8 mins ago, phishallways said:

I feel the same way WIF.

Ive taken care of my adoptive mother for 3 years now, thru her dementia. Couldn’t begin to explain what that entails to someone who hasn't been thru it. I was an ok son, lots of trouble, but had the best parents ever. Grew up with a good brother. I revere my dad.

my bio mother was a devout Irish Catholic, who gave me up to the convent at 19yo. My first family is a fiercely protective group who didn’t want to let me be raised by outsiders.

My bio father and mom had passed at the time of my discoveries, their being married for decades in the end. But my father couldn’t handle the demons in the end. He remarried and had a daughter. My sister. He was a great father by her account and my analysis. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Wow, that's  a lot to navigate..  I've had it a little easier I suppose. 

I'm not very hopeful at this point about her still being alive, because I can't find one thing on the internet past an engagement announcement in 1973 when I would have been a little over 3..

2 mins ago, phishallways said:

My buddies / band came over and spied my screenshot on my computer one night and they thought I was cheating on my wife lol. Said who is this girl your holding in this picture. Spitting image.

I found 3 yearbook pictures and one in the paper next to her engagement announcement.  Everyone I've shown (3-4 people) says my eyes and nose.

4 mins ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

Wow, that's  a lot to navigate..  I've had it a little easier I suppose. 

I'm not very hopeful at this point about her still being alive, because I can't find one thing on the internet past an engagement announcement in 1973 when I would have been a little over 3..

Upon meeting my aunt, she was skeptical until she remembered seeing her sister in Toronto and her disappearing while looking pregnant in 66’ not to be seen for years..