Jay in the Bay

Need recommendation for ceiling rod holder (Not DIY)

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I know you said not diy but i havent found anything commercially made better than just a scrap piece of wood some leftover pvc and a few screws.  The rod business ends slip right into a nylon cable clamp.  Saltwater rods obv get bigger ones than fw.

Screenshot_20220114-165211_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-165544_Gallery.jpg

14 hours ago, BernOC said:

Look up Cold tuna fishing rod rack. I have the the 10 & 4 rod overhead. Been working great for years

IMG_2353 (1).jpg

I use three sets of the Cold Tuna holders in my garage... Bought a couple sets for my son and grandson too. Plastic so they don't scratch. The bungees streatch out after a while, but no big deal..

Butch

Another answer not asked for but I’ll throw it here anyway. Plastic plumbing J hooks. 1-1/2” on the rear and 3/4” on the front IIRC. I don’t have open rafters so had to add a 2x4. 8’ span has 24 rods. 

E3FA94A3-BEC5-48AB-8335-51DE5F280AD9.jpeg

7BCFD0C6-7E0B-470F-BFB0-33ACFA8AF481.jpeg

24338B81-0171-4F8F-8AB3-E21B0CBDFF76.jpeg

On 1/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, MrHkr said:

I have purchased two of these and getting ready to get a third.  They perfectly fit my needs.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.01.33 PM.png

I have these. 3 total to hold most of my rods. They are easy to install and serve their purpose. My only critique is that if you have large reels (offshore spinners, trolling reels, etc), the spacing is a little tight. It requires some thought to stagger to rods, and will require a little finagling to get the rods out. I don’t think this would be an issue with standard inshore spinners, surf reels, and freshwater stuff. And it most certainly isn’t an issue if you store rods without the reels on. I’m too lazy to do that.