Jay in the Bay

Need recommendation for ceiling rod holder (Not DIY)

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Anyone have recommendations for a sturdy rod rack to install on the ceiling that can hold 10 rods with reels attached (or 20 if I buy 2)?

I will be installing on the ceiling of a garage.

I don't have access to tools nor workspace so I can't DIY as I would like to.  Thanks!! 

Look just like the Bass Pro Shop ones I have had for 10 years, they still have them, but a bit more money than these. I wouldn't spend the extra money.

Edited by spoonplugger1

Berkeley makes vertical and horizontal cheap plastic mounts. I’ve got a bunch of them in my garage. If memory serves right they hold either 5 or 6 rods. I used to buy them in Walmart but last couple times I needed extras I found them on Amazon. They’re like $9 a piece I believe. They are held in by 2 screws, easy peasy to install.

2 hours ago, PaulS said:

Plumbing J hooks

I like these in theory but for 20 rods, I figure I would need a lot of them.  I'm looking for something easy and compact.  Unless you have a photo as an example?

Garage bike hooks and some 2x4 are how I mount the majority of my rods onto the ceiling. Minimal tooling and space are needed for the install.

Cost me about 35 bucks for the hooks and some spare 2x4 but I managed to get all my surf and inshore rods onto the ceiling and not piled up in a corner.

Edited by Inception