coolhandfluke

free masks and covid test for all

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

today Biden announced this but he doesnt know when it will happen .

Vice President Kamala Harris says 500 million COVID-19 tests were being prepared to ship to every American household "soon," and that getting the country tests amid the recent omicron surge was "a matter of urgency" for the administration.

Edited by coolhandfluke

2 mins ago, Billybob said:

I don't see much point in the tests.

I guess they assume that if you know you have covid, you will stay home.  That's probably a bad assumption.

I just think if you get the covid symptoms, just assume you have it and lay low til you feel better.

But I guess certain employers and others need verification.

At work the latest is after testing positive you don’t even need a negative test to return to work after 5 days… no test required. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, Chunkah said:

I didn't see anything about masks....

President Joe Biden on Thursday said the U.S. will give high-quality masks to Americans for free, as new infections from the Covid-19 omicron variant soar across the country.

Biden said the U.S. has more than tripled the national stockpile of highly protective N95 masks to make sure they are widely available to the general public. He said masks are a crucial tool to help control the spread of omicron.

I know that for some Americans, the mask is not always affordable or convenient to get,” Biden said in addressing the nation from the White House. “Next week we’ll announce how we’re making high-quality masks available to the American people for free.”

Edited by TimS
link

30 mins ago, PI Guy said:

You’ve heard of the Obama phone, get ready for the Biden mask…

Another waste of money but this time on a larger scale.  Democrats must be so proud.