atv223

J-Bay Jamboree/Tournament 2022??

39 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bigbeartroop122 said:

There is an abandoned lot in Keansburg that was originally the site for some housing that got burn down, it is clear and level that would make an excellent staging area and offer access to the water. I’m  Sure you would have to get permission from the town but if you went that route it would not interfere with their parking.

19BC501C-9DE7-46A0-9BB6-B0BD4E6BCF13.jpeg

I think that lot is chained off no?

8 hours ago, Bigbeartroop122 said:

There is an abandoned lot in Keansburg that was originally the site for some housing that got burn down, it is clear and level that would make an excellent staging area and offer access to the water. I’m  Sure you would have to get permission from the town but if you went that route it would not interfere with their parking.

So much depends on the attitude of the locals to hosting an event, we found this in the whitewater fest world. Some are thrilled at a bunch of people coming to town and spending money, others are 'hell no, why should we?'  And a repeat depends on how well behaved the festival goers were.

23 hours ago, cheech said:

Who owns the amusement park? 20 dollas per car to park and launch may get some traction.

You’d think … but as soon as you charge a fee, the legal compliance and requirements become a headache and nightmare …. and, as it’ll be an organized event the legal compliance and requirements become a headache and nightmare … 

9 hours ago, Africaster said:

You’d think … but as soon as you charge a fee, the legal compliance and requirements become a headache and nightmare …. and, as it’ll be an organized event the legal compliance and requirements become a headache and nightmare … 

No doubt this was also true at JB even though it's public property. When my neighborhood association has a festival in the 4 acre park it's a sh*tshow of permits and other nonsense. Letting a food truck with a stove in...OMG!