7nBait

Random Image Thread 2022

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

Random old man releasing fish today, same dude helped me beach one yesterday.....he noted that the fish he helped me with was caught on a rod he made me many years ago.......

ACE_1940c.jpg

On 4/26/2022 at 6:10 PM, allen sklar said:

Random old man releasing fish today, same dude helped me beach one yesterday.....he noted that the fish he helped me with was caught on a rod he made me many years ago.......

ACE_1940c.jpg

Wait until you see that "old man"  chase a dreaded Mylar balloon down the beach! Makes "younger" guys like myself wonder why I can't move like that anymore. Truly an AI legend and steward of the sand.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, BLilly said:

Almost looks at the OSV on AIVA yesterday.....I much prefer the empty beaches of the fall. 

Ditto

Fished with some old friends this past week, we were blessed with bent rods and many smiles. I was also able to do some nice release photos, this one of D-Man is especially nice. 

ACE_2310c.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, Ginger5.hoo said:

Found these back in March. My first ones. 

6155820A-F0AD-41CC-B809-03AD6EBDBC60.jpeg

892892B5-7F42-4D9A-927A-227995A3D3F1.jpeg

That's pretty awesome I'm always on the lookout but I've never found any. Were they on the surface or did you have to dig them up?

Edited by SneakyWeakie

59 mins ago, SneakyWeakie said:

That's pretty awesome I'm always on the lookout but I've never found any. Were they on the surface or dig you have to dig them up?

They were both partially exposed. I’m still getting an eye for it. My buddy walked behind me and found 3 others lol 

38 mins ago, Ginger5.hoo said:

They were both partially exposed. I’m still getting an eye for it. My buddy walked behind me and found 3 others lol 

Kind of like trying to find Petoskey and Charlevoix stones in Michigan along the lake.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, 7nBait said:

Welcome to the Point!!  We've got a spot for you in there, uh somewhere.

20220430_080756.jpg

20220430_080730.jpg

20220430_080738.jpg

WOW.....as a 2nd yr fisher, I would NOT feel comfortable joining in here. I think I would just park and watch and try to learn!

I was lamenting the fact that I haven't caught anything noteworthy except doggies and a VERY small striper. Then....for some reason I remembered what is my PB!!!  Off a party boat out of Rock Hall.....many decades ago!!! Swallowing my pride here...what a skinny sob I was!

48.jpg

2 hours ago, Frank2104 said:

WOW.....as a 2nd yr fisher, I would NOT feel comfortable joining in here. I think I would just park and watch and try to learn!

Thats a good take your first time out.  Although kinda crazy it's a special place though.  Nothing better than being there when it lights up.  

13 hours ago, dj1975232 said:

Nothing better than being there when it lights up.  

Being in that spot when you see birds diving and rockfish jumping all around you is amazing, usually a setting sun as the backdrop makes it all that much more special.